Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-26-2005, 06:53 PM

Default 2 100/200 blind war hands

100/200 6max on interpoker.

Villain in first hand is not one of the highstakes regulars as far as I know but his stats are decent and he just sat down this session and I don't remember him at all.

Folded to him in the sb he raises and I call with 86o.

Flop Q54r he bets I raise.

Turn A putting a 2 flush up there, he bets I raise again (planning to follow through on the river of course)

Hand 2 is with a new player who just sat down in the villain from the previous hand's seat...and I've never seen him before.

Folded to him and he raises, I call with J8o Flop Q97r. He bets I call.

Turn 5 putting a 2 flush out there. He bets and I raise.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: 2 100/200 blind war hands

hey bk,

How often do you 3bet pf in these situations? In hand1, it seems villain would know you either had a monster or were FOS given your action thus far, and would call you down with any A or Q. I'm not sure if he would play K-hi or a worse pair this way..if you think so, and you think they will fold, then I like it. Otherwise I think things don't look so good.

Hand 2 is more of a standard float/semibluff, but I'm not sure villain will lay down A-hi here. And will he fire again on the turn with worse than that often enough to warrant raising? I'm not so sure, but i'm not too familiar with the 1/2 game so this is all theoretical.

Surf
Old 11-26-2005, 07:07 PM

I agree with Surf's analysis of hand one.

Hand two I like and I think villain will definitely fold ace high here and even some paired hands. That board is all connected, middlish cards. Those are the kinds of boards I'd fold hands on, so I assume this guy will too.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand two I like and I think villain will definitely fold ace high here and even some paired hands. That board is all connected, middlish cards. Those are the kinds of boards I'd fold hands on, so I assume this guy will too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been my problem recently. I know that *I* would let go of an ace here b/c this is so often a pair raising, but my opponents don't act the same way. I've burned alot of chips the past few days on floats/semibluffs against opps who I thought would act the way I do and surprise me by calling down with K7 no pair.

Surf
Old 11-26-2005, 07:52 PM

For hand 1, is the high limit "standard" to checkraise the turn with an Ace in SB's position? It makes some sense that it would be since he should expect you to always follow through after your flop raise. If that's the case then I like your play as he will most often be representing the Ace and seldom have it.

I'm not sure about your plan to fire again on the river if called. What hands do you think call the turn but fold river? Perhaps broadway gutters? The odds aren't really there for him to call with those on turn though maybe he believes his pair outs are sometimes good. In any case if a K or T hits I don't think you should bluff.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:16 PM

Anyone think that hand 1 he should fold preflop? Yeah it is a blind war, but 68o isnt agreat hand aganist anyone. I guess if you think you can hands down outplay villian than it is ok, but I think you're asking for trouble, but what do i know I just play 10-20 meh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but what do i know I just play 10-20 meh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a by-product of the forum split. We're now the lowest creatures in this new eco-system.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but what do i know I just play 10-20 meh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a by-product of the forum split. We're now the lowest creatures in this new eco-system.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would call in party 10/20.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would call in party 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% certain, but if this was ever profitable at 10/20 the rake now eats whatever slim profits you had with the hike a few months ago. I'd call it at 20/40 though, where my opponents raise more preflop and pay off my pairs reliably postflop.

Surf
Old 11-26-2005, 09:37 PM

first hand I dont like at all. He knows you arent folding a pair to this turn bet so this is unlikely to be a bluff. Assuming he folds hands like 9T or J9 on the flop (this may very well be a bad assumption), I dont think he will have air enough to make this play worthwhile. The only hands I can see him playing like this that he will lay down are K8-KJ. Also, if he calls the turn raise I really think you have to just give him the pot on the river. If he calls the raise he is going to showdown most of the time.

Hand 2 I like. You've got a lot of outs and hopefully he didn't hit the board. If you are called here I think you should probably follow through in the hopes he will let go of KT or A6 or similar.

edit: also, do you know how to import hands from crypto skins on PT, i've havent been able to figure it out, and i thought i was doing everything right. I click on 'import from crypto', then choose the file interpoker/blahblah.log or whatever and it doesnt seem to work.