Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-24-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Falcons at Lions: Stay Tuned

I really like the Falcons today, but I am not going to recommend them here. What I will recommend is taking the under at 43 or below, but only if Chad Lavalais (DT) plays. Here's why: Falcons defense has been absolutely TERRIBLE the last 2 weeks, in large part because they have missed Brady Smith both weeks and Chad Lavalais last week. Detroit's offense is TERRIBLE. Even without Brady Smith, the Falcons stopped the Dolphins. The Falcons should make it difficult for the Lions today. On the other side of the ball, the Falcons have been scoring a lot of offensive points. This has been due in large part to being down by 14 and 13 early in the games and Vick passing the ball a lot more than usual.

I expect the Falcons running game to be predominant today against Detroit's weak defense, to avoid turnovers (which have killed them) and to stop Detroit's offense.

If Chad Lavalais plays, take the under. If not, avoid this game. If you have to play a side, take the Falcons at -3 (for one thing Syg is almost always wrong about the Falcons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].)
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Falcons at Lions: Stay Tuned

43 or above is what I meant.

Note: for some reason, I couldn't edit my post.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 43? I agreed with your first post and the under. 43 seems like to high of a total for this game. I am leaning for a tease w/ under 49...
Old 11-24-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the Falcons today, but I am not going to recommend them here. What I will recommend is taking the under at 43 or below, but only if Chad Lavalais (DT) plays. Here's why: Falcons defense has been absolutely TERRIBLE the last 2 weeks, in large part because they have missed Brady Smith both weeks and Chad Lavalais last week. Detroit's offense is TERRIBLE. Even without Brady Smith, the Falcons stopped the Dolphins. The Falcons should make it difficult for the Lions today. On the other side of the ball, the Falcons have been scoring a lot of offensive points. This has been due in large part to being down by 14 and 13 early in the games and Vick passing the ball a lot more than usual.

I expect the Falcons running game to be predominant today against Detroit's weak defense, to avoid turnovers (which have killed them) and to stop Detroit's offense.

If Chad Lavalais plays, take the under. If not, avoid this game. If you have to play a side, take the Falcons at -3 (for one thing Syg is almost always wrong about the Falcons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, and good analysis except there's one problem: Detroit doesn't have a weak D.

Off for Thanksgiving festivites. Have a great day all!
Old 11-24-2005, 12:29 PM

Under anything 43 or above -- thats what I meant.
By the way, another reason for the under is the return of Dre Bly, which will further help stop the Falcons passing attack.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, and good analysis except there's one problem: Detroit doesn't have a weak D.

Off for Thanksgiving festivites. Have a great day all!

[/ QUOTE ]

I really was focused on their run defense. "Weak" may have been the wrong term. They are 15th in the league against the run -- facing the best rushing offense in the league. They are not "strong" against the run, nor are they terrible. To me, "weak" equals "not strong", which I think is true. Its really semantics. I also base my conclusion in large part on what I saw in the Dallas game. If the Falcons O-Line can open up holes as big as Julius Jones had, Warrick Dunn should have a pretty good day.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:58 PM

Lavalais is scheduled at this time to start. Falcons OL is also banged up. This under is looking really sweet.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 43? I agreed with your first post and the under. 43 seems like to high of a total for this game. I am leaning for a tease w/ under 49...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG greatest username ever. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont really like anything here, but since I HAVE to bet

6 point tease
under 49
Detriot +9

and Broncos -2 6000 units [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont really like anything here, but since I HAVE to bet

6 point tease
under 49
Detriot +9

and Broncos -2 6000 units [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't love the tease. I think that there is a strong possibility that the Falcons win by more than 14. But if you had to tease this, you made the right play.