Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 05:29 PM

Default 2-5 at the Palms

Deep stacks, SB and BB are typical LAGs who aren't thinking too much about your hand, only their own. Button is a tricky TAG who is capable of making plays.

I've got 66 in EP and I limp. Folded around to the button who raises to $20, both blinds and myself call.

Flop: AsAd4h

Checked around.

Turn: 5h

Checked around

River: 6d

SB bets $50. BB calls. I raise to $200. Button pushes ($900) SB goes into tank and also pushes ($500). BB folds. I've got another $750 behind.

What do I do? Or, what would YOU do? I know what I did. And was my raise out of line?

i took out the results [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: 2-5 at the Palms

I would both call and not pust results : ) There's way too little money in relation to the size of the pot not to call this.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:46 PM

I didn't read the results yet (didn't want to biase my response).

I was trying to think what they could possibly have that would make a call out of line, but I really can't.

If one of them has quad aces, so be it, but I'd put a much higher percentage bet on one having AK, another having either pockets 4s or 5s, or even another AK or (I hope not) AQ. If one of them came in with A4 or A5 and hit it, I don't see how you could not call here. You nailed the river.

Thinking about this more, with your description of unthinking LAGs, I'm more likely to say one with AK, one with the pocket pair - both trying to trap the other, you hit on the end, too bad for them.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:49 PM

so you guys aren't worried at all about Aces full?

Yeah, I think I blew this one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Hey, I wouldn't even post the results in white. After a poster responds and gives his input to the post, even if he didn't cheat, he will look at the results after he posts. This will result in biased views when arguing one line vs another. If you still can, I would edit your OP.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:55 PM

Not with the cards on the table - put AA9-AAK on the table and I'd be more apt to be worried about aces full.

My read on trying to trap was way off, but now that I've read the results, it makes a lot more sense they way they played it. It seemed unusual that they'd check around two times.

I think you need to try to assign a hand range to them on the river and then make your decision off of that - (removed reference to results)(I need to work on this also), but I think AK, 44, and 55, could have played it similarly.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:03 PM

I dont know what the results are, but in my opinion it is a fold.

It looks like you have Aces Full staring at you in the face. There is obviously no reason for him to push without having a FH. Now it is up to you to determine if he has Aces Full or if he had 44 or 55. As far as the gy who called the push, I would not worry about him, you have him destroyed.

This is the type of read that needs to be made at the table looking directly at the guy, I cannot determine wether this is a call or fold.

FWIW I would probably dump this hand putting him on A4 or A5.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you guys aren't worried at all about Aces full?

Yeah, I think I blew this one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless that game has changed radically since I last played in it, I expect to win about 60% of the time there.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like you have Aces Full staring at you in the face. There is obviously no reason for him to push without having a FH. Now it is up to you to determine if he has Aces Full or if he had 44 or 55. As far as the gy who called the push, I would not worry about him, you have him destroyed.

This is the type of read that needs to be made at the table looking directly at the guy, I cannot determine wether this is a call or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but at the same time I don't think you see A4/A5/A6 enough here to fold. I call and probably go broke.

Please post the results again... i didnt see them
Old 11-21-2005, 06:23 PM

These are some of the rare situations that will still put me on tilt.

I have two donks going crazy overvaluing their hands and I have them both crushed and fold.