Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-17-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Should I bluff? (Ignore my location, please)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not a good hand reader.....

....These guys play their own hands too much, and aren't paying enough attention to yours. Gonna be too tricky to move him off a hand here

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. I missed that in the OP. Even more difficult to bluff him here because of that, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I think of guys who are not good hand readers, I generally think that they won't think "wow, he made a continuation bet into 3 guys, and the BB is pretty loose so he has to expect a call from him, so he will rarely have ace high here." However, they will still think "Hmm..he probably has a good hand" if I, for instance, push the turn here. There is a spectrum here. I just meant that he wasn't on the high end of the spectrum. He wasn't like a 'I have an ace, I must call to the river!' type...
Old 11-17-2005, 04:16 PM

What are you representing with this funky line anyways?

The straight? WHy should this guys who doesn't read hands well think you just hit the straight?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:17 PM

No. Obviously a big pair.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But what hand did he wake up and like?

[/ QUOTE ]

33-JJ would be my guess and the gut-shot straight draw for the ace scared him (edit -unless he has 44). I think he was in full calling station mode until the straight showed up.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you representing with this funky line anyways?

The straight? WHy should this guys who doesn't read hands well think you just hit the straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of feel that with someone without hand reading abilities you don't have to "represent" anything since villain is likely to take the turn reraise to mean "my measly pair is no good"
Old 11-17-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A set: 12 combos
44: 6 combos

77-TT: 24 combos
A High: Lots of combos

77-TT and A high all fold to this raise.... so........

[/ QUOTE ]

If we knew he would fold 77-JJ to a big bet, fine, bluff it. I want a solid read on villian before I try that though. And only Hero's intuition at the table at that moment is going to provide the right answer.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A set: 12 combos
44: 6 combos

77-TT: 24 combos
A High: Lots of combos

77-TT and A high all fold to this raise.... so........

[/ QUOTE ]

If we knew he would fold 77-JJ to a big bet, fine, bluff it. I want a solid read on villian before I try that though. And only Hero's intuition at the table at that moment is going to provide the right answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
My intuition at the table is no better than your intuition reading my OP, I don't think. Do you think he folds 77-TT here? What about JJ? What about QQ? How often do you think he has these hands here? Does it make a bluff +EV? I don't know. I know what I thought at the time and I know what I did but I don't know what the EV was.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:29 PM

Frankly, if he calls with 77-TT, your read of him not being a total donk is off, unless you have a simply spectacular image.

I doubt he folds QQ+, and JJ is borderline.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My intuition at the table is no better than your intuition reading my OP, I don't think. Do you think he folds 77-TT here? What about JJ? What about QQ? How often do you think he has these hands here? Does it make a bluff +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, the primary error in the hand is continuation betting in that spot. Bluffguessing now is just compounding that error. 22-66 and even 56s can be seen to be played this way. 77 may call you because of the gutshot and potential that he is ahead. JJ+ should call you. So now you are basically trying to get him to lay down 88-TT. Or laydown a bluff, when it's not likely he is bluffing. The whole hand is -EV for Hero IMO.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:14 PM

I make his hand range pairs 77-JJ with more probability to 99-JJ. A suited connector like 78 or 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would see the turn.

Since this guy be no dummy I think he smelled blood in the water with your weak CB and has decided to check you out. An excellent spot to fire back with a $150 raise to $225. Tell him he picked on the wrong guy.