Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 09:55 AM

Default AA afftected by your LAG tendencies?

Are you more prone to having AA busted the more laggier you play? Obviously fish with VIP's over 50 will get busted more often because of the tendency of the other players to call them down. I'm wondering more if there is a change from thet 10-12 vip's to the 30-35 vip players. I would consider myself probably weak / tight with a SH VIP at the $3/6 & $5/10 levels at approx. 22.5 vip 10.30 pfr. Anyways here are my AA stats, if anyone else would like to list theirs, I would be interested in looking for a pattern.
**Disclaimer** All members of the "Sample Size Police" are excused from this exercise.

5 levels $2/4, 3/6/ 3/6 SH, 5/10, 5/10 SH
122,131 hands AA 589 times, win rate 81.32%, 2.99 BB/hand.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: AA afftected by your LAG tendencies?

Isn't that about normal for AA?

Anyway, if more people are calling you down, then more people are seeing the showdown, so yes AA is going to get busted more than if people are just folding to you (obviously..100% vs less than 100%), but since you are being called down more, there is more money in the pot and therefore you win more the times your AA holds up, so it should all even out..the LAG might even win more money with his AA's because of this even though he loses more pots with it.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:22 AM

I agree with the other guy. Your hand is still best preflop so when they call you down more you're making more money. Just like if you get caught in a bluff. So what, later that one big bet you spent will be recovered when some shmuck has a hairbrained thought that you just might be bluffing this time and call you. I know I have done it and have been wrong. I know I have bluffed, got caught, and later the same guy calls down on a hand I would normally not think him to.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 AM

That is why I included win% and BB/hand. I was wondering if the more LAG oriented you are if the win% goes down but the BB goes up.