Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Party account frozen

I tried to cash out of my Party account today and got an e - mail with a phone number for me to call regarding my request. When I called the guy on the phone told me that I had to scan a copy of my driver's lic. and that my party acct. would be frozen until I did so. Has this ever happened to any of you guys? Is it routine for them to do this with everyone's first cashout?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Party account frozen

It's never happened to me personally. Some reasons may be your funding or e-mail method have been used before at Party or someone shady was linked to your IP address previously. How much did you cash out? Where were you playing? There usually has to be some reason for them to request this info even if it is only cashing out a large amount.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:41 AM

Not a large amount. They wouldn't give me any details, just that it was for "security reasons".
All I want to do is play some freakin' 5NL and when I get up 10 or 20 buy ins, cash that out and take my wife out for dinner on the weekend. Now I know why I play mostly live.

The way this is going, you'd think I was trying to smuggle boatloads of heroin into the country.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:58 AM

Party wouldn't care if you were smuggling heroin unless this somehow prevented people from playing poker so I don't think your little smuggling hobby has anything to do with it.

Seriously I'm a little suprised that there is no reason. Did you have a Party account before?

Recently Party split from the Party Network that had a lot of rakeback players playing at the other sites and when Party separated itself all the rakeback players scrambled back to Party. The problem is Party doesn't allow rakeback so many players are set up with shady affiliates. To do this these players often create multiple accounts and so innocent players such as yourself suffer unnecessary scrutiny.

It could be you've signed up under a shady affiliate unknowingly.

So, in conclusion, I hope your wife is a good cook.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:03 AM

so you're upset that they want to protect your money and not cash it out to anyone who can get your password?
Old 11-05-2005, 10:41 AM

Yes, this did happen to me. I, actually, appreciated that they do pay attention to security. My guess is that this was a random event for both you and I, as I know I wasn't doing anything suspicious that I knew of.

They unfroze me quickly after I faxed them the information they asked for.

Regards,

T
Old 11-05-2005, 07:45 PM

I'm not upset that they're trying to protect my account. I'm upset with the guy on the phone being kinda rude, when he told me that he was freezing my account for "security reasons" he also went on to say that they "have to keep an eye on what people are trying to get away with". It almost sounded as if he was accusing me of something, that's all. Perhaps I was just unlucky enough to get on the phone with a rep that had a bad attitude. I'm sure that the way he spoke to me isn't their official company line or anything. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 11:41 PM

common just send it
Old 11-06-2005, 12:21 AM

I did send it. about 5.5 hours ago. Account is still frozen and money still isn't in my neteller acct. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did send it. about 5.5 hours ago. Account is still frozen and money still isn't in my neteller acct. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes longer than that to cash out when your account *isn't* frozen and this is a weekend - looking at your DL will actually take manual intervention so you're probably screwed for a couple of days. But you'll get your money. Just be patient. I've cashed out from Party literally dozens of times and the 2+2 crowd represents thousands of cashouts. They don't just keep money.