Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-24-2005, 04:58 AM

Default You\'re going to slay me for this one...

BB is 61/9/1.79 after 131 hands. BTN who open-limped is a really bad player with terribly misplaced aggression coupled beautifully with a greater passive side. He's like 45/10.

This table has been weird and I've been very active.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

River: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I'm not sure if I should have 3-bet the flop, but I was hoping to see a blank turn. I bet the turn because villain could have a better K, but also a worse K, a J, or a FD. I called the river raise because I don't trust him. Thoughts?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: You\'re going to slay me for this one...

[ QUOTE ]
BB is 61/9/1.79 after 131 hands. BTN who open-limped is a really bad player with terribly misplaced aggression coupled beautifully with a greater passive side. He's like 45/10.

This table has been weird and I've been very active.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

River: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I'm not sure if I should have 3-bet the flop, but I was hoping to see a blank turn. I bet the turn because villain could have a better K, but also a worse K, a J, or a FD. I called the river raise because I don't trust him. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn stop&amp;go is fine here, but you really need to fold to the river raise.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:05 AM

Don't you think players bluff at this scary river card with smaller pieces?

M
Old 10-24-2005, 05:10 AM

I'm not folding that river agianst this guy.

Typically if I take this line I do something like c/c the turn and donk a non a/j/9 river. Usually you can induce some value from air on the turn and not still charge worse made hands 2 bets. Honestly given the drawy board I like a flop 3bet more

If our flop raiser is passive or might check through the turn on a draw I 3bet the flop and lead the turn
Old 10-24-2005, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding that river agianst this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2005, 05:12 AM

with that kind of AF(if its over a decent sample size) I think a flop 3 bet is almost a must. ( or a turn c/r )
Old 10-24-2005, 05:13 AM

Why?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:14 AM

You have top pair here. I think you need more money in this pot especially with such a coordinated board.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:15 AM

btw with villains stats... is he really going to check this turn ever?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:18 AM

Well no, villain probably wont check the turn, but I could easily be behind--this isn't the type of hand I want to pump the pot with, but maybe my thinking is weak.

I don't like folding, which may be a problem, too. I'd rather see the SD for a certain amount of conservative money than to play it stronger and give up to, for instance, a turn 3-bet if I c/r.