Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker questions

[ QUOTE ]
Its not horrible, they did change their point structure, which helps the .50-1 and 1-2 games, but hurts the higher games

[/ QUOTE ]
Not true. You get .07 pts. for each $.10 in rake. So at 5/10, where pretty much every pot is raked $3, you're earning 2.1 pts every hand.

I'm clearing the Powerplayer $1000 bonus right now. But I deposited before the point structure changed, so it's a 10,000 point clearing requirement. At 5/10, that's basically a 5x $1,000 bonus. Games aren't as soft as Party, but still pretty good if you choose the right tables. I've heard some people complain about the software, but I've never had any problems with it. I like it a lot better than the Party software.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:49 PM

do you have a mac? the software lags like crazy for me. or maybe i need to download a better java thingy.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you have a mac? the software lags like crazy for me. or maybe i need to download a better java thingy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I use the pokerroom java client for Mac on occasion (do 95% of my play on a separate PC at home though). seems like the web-based tables have gotten worse performance wise over time. right now the graphics of the chips and cards were being placed too "high" and being covered up by the avatars (this was actually the worst in 7-stud where you couldn't even see the suits of some of your own cards if you were seated at the bottom part of the table!). and it definitely seems to be more laggy in terms of individual player decisions - this may just be due to the number of people on the network at once, and the numerous skins they have now.

anyway, I try to avoid playing poker on my Mac whenever possible, simply because the hands won't save into PT.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not true. You get .07 pts. for each $.10 in rake. So at 5/10, where pretty much every pot is raked $3, you're earning 2.1 pts every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure? I thought you could get max .8 points per hand, I dont have it in front of me, if thats the case, it is better, I unfortunately am not playing 5-10.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will you explain what you mean by "a deal on top of the bonus"?

[/ QUOTE ]

The things you get from the classifieds, I dont know the exact structure, but I was told by my PokerNow affiliate(long gone now) that if you have RB, clearing a bonus affects a % of your MGR, so its better to have both, I havent really looked, and dont anticipate much from that while I clear a bonus, I am in the middle of the first 1k and put $ in for the recent 1k, so I will be busy clearing that(Ill never finish it) but at $50 incriments, Ill take what I get while I whore the other opportunities I also have.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sure? I thought you could get max .8 points per hand, I dont have it in front of me, if thats the case, it is better, I unfortunately am not playing 5-10.

[/ QUOTE ]
From the PokerRoom FAQ:

How many points do I earn?
Hold'em, Omaha, 7 Card Stud
0.07 Player Points are awarded for every $0.10 paid in rake. So a rake of $3 will award all players in the hand 2.1 Player Points.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
From the PokerRoom FAQ:

How many points do I earn?
Hold'em, Omaha, 7 Card Stud
0.07 Player Points are awarded for every $0.10 paid in rake. So a rake of $3 will award all players in the hand 2.1 Player Points.

[/ QUOTE ]

the max rake for each hand is 1 big blind FWIW
Old 10-12-2005, 11:28 PM

if I play 3/6 does this change the amoutn of hands I need?

this seems like a much better deal than the R word b/c playing a similar amount of hands you prolly wouldn't get the same $$. On top of that, if you 3 table, you can prolly clear this bonus in under 9 months
Old 10-13-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you open up to 4 tables(the max allowed) you can get on other waiting lists, the tables willopen automatically and you can play unlimited(as far as I can tell) tables, if you have multiple monitors its a good thing, if not it can be annoying, I have 3 monitors and if Im not playing anywhere else, I will play 8+ at HP and the bonus will go by much faster that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

can anyone else confirm this: that you can play 4-8 tables on Hollywood Poker or any other PokerRoom skin. PokerRoom used to allow more than 4 than they cut back like 6 months-year ago cant remember exactly to just 4. Are you still limited to 4 on PokerRoom? How about BetonBet?
Old 10-13-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

can anyone else confirm this: that you can play 4-8 tables on Hollywood Poker or any other PokerRoom skin. PokerRoom used to allow more than 4 than they cut back like 6 months-year ago cant remember exactly to just 4. Are you still limited to 4 on PokerRoom? How about BetonBet?

[/ QUOTE ]

B-O-B only allows 4