Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 07-23-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Moving PT database

I'm getting a motherboard/processor upgrade on my PC. My nephew who is doing it said he has to reformat the hard drive. Can someone tell me how to transfer my PT database from my PC to my laptop until I get the upgrade completed. Can I connect the 2 right together and do it. thanks
Old 07-23-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Moving PT database

Why would he need to reformat the hard drive in order to do a motherboard upgrade?

In any event, you should be regularly backing up all the data on your hard drive anyway.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:53 PM

My nephew is doing it, he's the computer expert. Anyways he said when he did his he was able to save some programs but lost any programs that had a register key. It's some new motherboard (1GB) that processes without all the info having to go thru the RAM 1st or something like that. When he starts talking computers, he loses me real quick.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:39 PM

Is it a PostgreSQL database or an Access db? Both can be transferred, but differently.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:29 PM

Why are you using Poker Tracker? It isn't a very good program, there are better out there. I thought we couldn't talk about specific websites and software?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:09 PM

Moving the databases is very easy, I have done it many, many times. Copy the mdbs to a CD or another hard drive, email Pat with your intentions (new system), send him the registration code and he will send you a key to unlock the full PokerTracker.

Gojacketz
Old 07-24-2005, 09:11 PM

Isn't a very good program? Have you used it? What is better? I have no idea of your intentions of this post, but I disagree wholeheartedly - I have tried everything out there and PokerTracker is far and away the best I have seen.

Gojacketz
Old 07-25-2005, 09:08 AM

thanks for your help. I agree, PT is a great program and has really helped my game.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:42 AM

I downloaded his demo and didn't get it. I play a lot, I need something that is better. The nut game browser from Odysseus Software is better. It offers more. I am just wondering why PT gets so much pub in these forums?