Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Unwise to employ higher level psychology at 200 NL?

Hello,

I am not going to comment on your play. I find this particular situation : overpair vs flop caller one of the most difficult in NLHE. I think the only good advice here is to work hard on your reads. There are players against whom you can fold without even looking at the turn card and there are players you can value bet huge to the river knowing they will call all the way down with underpair or sth.

Best wishes
Old 06-17-2005, 11:05 AM

that fold in hand 1 is shockingly bad. Nobody hit two pair on that flop so you are only worried about sets. A big queen is more than likely being overplayed here, not calling that raise is criminal.

Hand 2 you should have fired more on the flop and pushed the turn.

After seeing these hands, maybe I should move up to the 200 NL...i've been doing so well at the 100 NL that i've been reluctant to move up.

also to be brutally honest, I'm not seeing much "higher level thinking" here....i'm seeing weak/tightness actually.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:19 AM

I think that you have to call or raise. If the flop is k/q/x, or q/j/x, A fold might make a little more sense because with a modest preflop raise, some will call with high connectors. But q/9/x you are only scared of a flopped set and you have to push your aces and HOPE someone spiked the queen