Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: B&M 6/12: TT in the SB

I've been playing anywhere between 2-4 and 8-16 in the last 6 months.

I wanted to address this different answers for this based on the limit being played. Do you find that there's still value in betting this at 2-4 ? I think people are going to call you with a much bigger range of hands then at 6-12.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing anywhere between 2-4 and 8-16 in the last 6 months.

I wanted to address this different answers for this based on the limit being played. Do you find that there's still value in betting this at 2-4 ? I think people are going to call you with a much bigger range of hands then at 6-12.

[/ QUOTE ]

The limit doesn't determine this, your opponent does. My local club has a 6/12 game where 7 out of my 8 opponents are usually ones against whom I'd bet this for value.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:31 PM

I considered JJ, actually, since you called him passive. This is one of the hands I thought he might fold if you bet again on the river. I think your bet was worth it for image purposes, for the possibility that he might fold JJ or Qx after the A came out, and for the possibility that he might call with a 3 or a 6. Good try.

Too bad you can't right-click live players huh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 05:51 PM

hey..might as well bet because you're not folding at this point....that is unless he comes alive with a raise there then it's any easy fold as he just hit his A6 2pr...or caught a set of 6s
Old 05-26-2005, 05:59 PM

generally I find that live 6-12 plays a lot like online 1-2 on paradise. Party is a little fishier. Stars is another one I have played on that's pretty much the same as paradise......

I find that live at 6-12 and down players tend to be looser pre flop and passive post flop.... a lot like what the player in this hand described.

oh...the question... I always can find value in betting... I'm just trying to avoid that negative value... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 07:54 PM

Do you guys see this as a value bet on the river? I know a 6 or 3 will call, but a 6 or 3 are quite unlikely holdings. Pocket pairs 77 88 99 will pay you off, but most likely I find this kind of player who either has a queen, or calling with as little as one overcard (both of which hit).

I think it's safe to check-fold this river, however when I check it, I often end up calling out of sheer curiousity.