Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 PM

Default QQ vs LP agression

Villain is 37/6/.7

Land of the readless...

Was this just too weak on the Turn and River?

Sidequestion: How many times is this AA,KK instead of a normal isolation raise of a weak MP limper?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 05-20-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: QQ vs LP agression

It's definitely AA or KK more often than JJ, which seems to be about the only reasonable hand villain holds that you beat. I just call the turn and river as you did.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:11 PM

Nice hand.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:14 PM

You put in a little more action than I would have. I'd slow down at the flop raise. You're really kind of hoping for JJ or an aggressively played AK/AQ/AJ or 77/88/99, but the preflop cap (followed by the flop raise) from this opponent makes AA/KK pretty likely, I think.

Side question: When a 37/6/0.7 guy raises one limper, an isolation raise isn't really the first thing I suspect. And I suspect it even less when Villain goes ahead and caps my 3-bet.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:15 PM

I think u played it fine!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You put in a little more action than I would have. I'd slow down at the flop raise. You're really kind of hoping for JJ or an aggressively played AK/AQ/AJ or 77/88/99, but the preflop cap (followed by the flop raise) from this opponent makes AA/KK pretty likely, I think.

Side question: When a 37/6/0.7 guy raises one limper, an isolation raise isn't really the first thing I suspect. And I suspect it even less when Villain goes ahead and caps my 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sidequestion: How many times is this AA,KK instead of a normal isolation raise of a weak MP limper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well one thing I can tell u, it stops becoming an isolation raise when he caps it preflop...and goes insane on the flop.

Edit: Also being as passive as he is postflop, I actually slowdown to his flop raise. There are other opponents that i will cap this flop against, I dont think hes one of them.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:08 AM

Thanks for the advice guys...

I still have problems integrating all the info i have on opponents into my game as of right now. I have problems reading agression factors in combination with PFR and VPIP.

Also I have trouble just remembering I have all this info and considering it. I know in a vague way that a person is loose...but not exactly how loose. I know someone is aggressive, but not how aggressive. It's something I gotta work on.

Thanks again,
Jason