Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 03-22-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Party 2/4: KK UTG

I didn't have a great read on the SB in this hand. He had only been at the table a couple of hands. Hasn;t done anything crazy yet though. MP1 is LAG pre-flop and passive post flop. CO is loose passive preflop and passive postflop.

I am curious about my play from the turn on.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

SOP?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4: KK UTG

I think you did the right thing. Unknown player, fairly large pot. Bad situation but I think you got to show down.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4: KK UTG

I play it the same way.

When faced with the turn check-raise, think of it this way:

There are currently 12.5 Big Bets in the pot. If you call, you can count on SB to bet the river again, so that'll be 13.5 big bets. Depending on if MP1 and CO call the turn and river, you could have anywhere from 0-4 more big bets.

Thus, you're fighting for anywhere between 13.5-17.5 bets. To win this, though, you'll have to put in 2 more bets, giving you anywhere from nearly 7:1-9:1 money.

Are you good here at least 1 time in 8 (which meets the minimum requirements to for the 7:1 money)? I think so. Villain could be betting a smaller overpair (i.e. QQ-TT), or being over-agro with a flush draw, or just pure bluffing. Not to mention if he has 88, 77, 6x,....

Any more money in the pot from MP1 and CO is gravy.

Don't forget even if villain has a 9, you still have 2 outs to improve to a boat. (Actually, even if another 9 came on the river, I'd raise the river... because there's less chance of villain actually having a 9, and you'd have 2nd nut boat ... so there's another few potential outs).

Note: above discussion does not consider if MP1 or CO re-raise behind you. If so, fold..

Just my thoughts....

Adam
Old 03-23-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Results

Thanks for the responses guys. The way he played it I figured SB had to have a 9, but against an unkown I thought it would be too weak to lay it down in a semi large pot.

SB shows (J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
MP1 shows (A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

MHIG. Thanks again.