Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Graphs: Finally got them.

[ QUOTE ]
That's some nice work. I threw something together in VB.NET that does something similar. Opens a db and plots hands and stats. I got tired of exporting and having excel do all the work. Maybe if I can get it cleaned up I will post it.

Vern

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat over at Poker Tracker was kind enough to put the basic graphing program I made up. Here is the thread on their site.

Vern
Old 03-18-2005, 10:03 PM

Hey Vern...

I got your program a couple days ago and it rocks...simple...clean...easy to use. Thanks for throwin it up on the pokertracker site.

-j
Old 03-19-2005, 02:10 PM

Yep. Saw that too. Thanks Vern!

Also, interesting to see how bad some of the other "pros" are doing (at least from the hands, I've played with them). Here's a chart of the next person that I have the most hands for (over 12K hands). He's under 20 VPIP, but WAY too passive.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pat over at Poker Tracker was kind enough to put the basic graphing program I made up. Here is the thread on their site.

Vern

[/ QUOTE ]

I threw together a web site for my grapher. I worked a rake calculator into it as well.

http://www.pokergrapher.com

Vern

P.S. And I asked Matt before posting a link to my own site [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2005, 02:32 AM

kudos to you sir. And here I thought my excel graph was pretty fancy, this is top notch.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:04 PM

Vern this is awesome work nothing like that little app you created for PokerTracker forums.You put alot of work into this.really sweet.

Is it possible to combine all your databses to one graph?
I tried and wasnt able to do more than one db.

If one just wanted to look at a specific limit within a databse that had mix of games ..how best can you do this?

Great Work! Looking forward to toying around with his some more [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2005, 03:18 AM

You cannot look at multiple databases, mostly because of the way I have my databases set up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I will add it to my todo list.

FYI, the way I have my databases set up, I have one database for every flavor I play. I can datamine into this database and not worry about the database size or bad data from another level making the data less valid for myself or other players. Once a week or more, I export all my games, from the Game Notes tab, and import them into a central All My Hands Ever database. This has all my ring hands in it, but has no other observed hands in it, regardless of the site. So when I want to graph my various levels I have that All My Hands Ever database to do it from. One of my projects as part of this will also be to make a database pruner, that will let you prune out hands you were not a party to that are older than X number of days old. That might get me back to just one database.

Thanks for the kind words,

Vern
Old 05-02-2005, 11:04 AM

I have downloaded and installed this twice. Every time I go to run it, I get an error message that says:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xc68 (3176), Thread id=0xa68 (2664)

Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help if you can.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 03:22 PM

I believe I responded to the same request on the Poker Grapher Forums. I think you need the DOT NET Framework from MS to proceed. You can get it Here

Vern
Old 05-29-2005, 02:32 PM

Hey guys,

It appears Vern has stopped work on his graphing program and the installer isn't downloading.

Could one of you guys please email the installer to me as attachment to ncomber@gmail.com ?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dwarfy.