Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-30-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Is Darwin dead...

It comes from comments like "christians are story tellers, not scientists", but this is incorrect. Some people take those well educated more seriously... as they should.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:58 PM

Hey godboy,

The fact remains that Miller did produce amino acids using only compounds that existed in the Universe before life started. He did create the building blocks of life without God.

Many life forms appeared in Cambrian explosion - some with past evolutionary fossil evidence others without. Nobody ever said we have a complete fossil record of all the creatures that have lived, especially the invertebrates.

Haeckel only " chose embryos that had similarities , purposefully omitting those not supporting his theory."

Do you realize what you said here? Why do any embryos from different species have similarities? Duh - evolution. You just gave credence to one of the best 'proofs' of evolution.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:06 PM

"The fact remains that Miller did produce amino acids using only compounds that existed in the Universe before life started. He did create the building blocks of life without God."

This is not the point though. It's wether the compounds that he used in his experiment were an accurate makeup - the same as the early earth. This is not what he did - he made an experiment and put the things there that would create amino-acids, a biased experiment.

"Nobody ever said we have a complete fossil record of all the creatures that have lived, especially the invertebrates."

Darwin said that the fossil record would support his 'theories', this is not the case. Though some people have glued some fossils together to try and fool people into thinking it was the case.

I think if God had already designed a wheel, he could keep using it... This is what all tradespeople do with the materials they use. I'm not saying that evolution is completely wrong either, it's quite possible that we have been made with the ability to evolve.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:12 PM

godBoy-

I suggest you wander through this for a while: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post3997192

It's the EXHAUSTING evolution debate, to go in the record books as NotReady vs Everybody. It was a horrible battle, and many lives were lost, and we sure as hell don't want to go through it again.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine this scenario:

There's this dude. He somehow came to be without any cause. Imagine that! Now he's got infinite powers. So he comes up with an idea...he'll create a place with some finite, though intelligent, beings. This place will be perfect (except for the fact that there's an evil snake in it, and the people are capable of sin). Then when they do, he'll curse all of their offspring forever to burn in hell...unless of course they believe that a dude (who won't come for another 4,000 years...God's lazy) died for them and that because he did, they won't burn in a torturous nightmare for all eternity.

Then he won't say or do anything for another 2,000 years that would make an intelligent person think he exists, except write a book (well...have some people write the book, that is) that is wrought with contradictions. Other people will write books about other fake gods, but God doesn't think that taking the same route to reveal His existence that other people have taken to reveal the existence of other gods will be confusing, or damage his credibility to intelligent people. He'll also structure the universe and humans in such a way to make man, through centuries of scientific development, come to the rational conclusion that they evolved from other animals, by doing things like making us with tailbones, and filling the earth with million year old fossils. And if they get thrown off by this, they burn in hell forever. At least two thirds of these people will end up with this horrible fate.

He'll also pack it full of mosquitos, dung beetles and honey badgers. Why? Shut up.

So God thinks about this plan, understands what it entails, and knows all the consequences. Maybe he considers other plans that don't involve so much suffering, superfluousness, and logical contradictions, but in the end, he likes his plan, and goes through with it.

Good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:53 PM

I have come to believe that science is the quest for truth, most of the people here are so sure that they've found it that they no longer need to ask any questions. I seem like the only person who admits not to know everything and is wanting to.

Darwin said that the fossil record would support his 'theories', this is not the case. Though some people have glued some fossils together to try and fool people into thinking it was the case.

Hahaha.

Go away.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:10 PM

The question was related to Darwins claims, not christianity's God.. I don't care to discuss it here.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:12 PM

Nope, I don't get it.
It's fact that the fossil record has not supported Darwins claims, history shows that, I'm not just saying it with no evidence.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:08 PM

And your point is?
Old 12-30-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, I don't get it.
It's fact that the fossil record has not supported Darwins claims, history shows that, I'm not just saying it with no evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]
godBoy, you are being a bad boy here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
For the last 150 years, evry evidence has bee supportive of Drawin theory. Furthermore, completely independent disciplines have ope the way to further test in ways unepected evn by Darwin. DNA technology for instance. The research is accelerating constantly to the point where there are more and more confirmations, a real avalanche of them, in fact.

Only the least educated person, or the most brainwashed, could still hang on to anything that purport to discredit the theory.

Again Darwin does notnegte the possibility of a god, just that evolution can be explained in scientific terms. ID, on the other hand, to cover the insecurity of theits, tries to pass itself of as science to support the weakening creationist notion. ID, is a subterfge, a cheat, by ignorant, one-sided mind, or luddites type, people. It has no prerogative, no usefulness, and is just a danger if it could ever gain a foot hold in the scientific community which it has no chance of doing, imo, since that would be so retrograde as to stretch the concept of human stupidity beyond the possible.