Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-29-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: $60k in 60 Days - Days 1 and 2

Good luck with this quest i really hope you will finnish it with good results. You have played a lot, i hope you can continue with that. over all very impressive, GL
Old 12-29-2005, 10:23 AM

Good luck. It's crazy, but I think you might be able reach it, because you seem to be able to put in so insane hours. I'll consider doing same challenge in summer.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:07 PM

I can't believe you are doing this on the heels of that wacky marathon.

I'm still recovering and getting my sleep schedule back and sitting at the computer to play some hands was about the last thing I wanted to do.

But you said you were pretty lazy before and that the cruise-marathon is showing you what you can accomplish if you are truly motivated...so I guess it's probably good that you are just keeping your momentum going.

As you know, I tend to be conservative in my estimates of success sometimes.
you are obviously off to a hot start so I do believe that you have a very good chance of successfully making it all the way. In fact, I would estimate your chances here to be stronger than those of you actually getting that cruise (and you obviously got that one....so the $60k should be a LOCK).

your ideas on not forcing yourself to play too many tables if you don't feel like it or if the table-conditions don't warrant it...as well as all the other introductory stuff...actually made for interesting reading.

I seem to have a missed a thread somewhere in there about your butt (probably in OOT I guess)...but I think I can pass on that one.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:29 PM

how many total number of hands are you trying to get in to crack the 60k? obviously there needs to be a certain number to make it to even if you maintain your believed winrate of 2BB+/100. if you ran at precisely 2BB/100 youd need to put in 150,000 hands to make it to 60k (you did say no rakeback right?).

from your original post in this thread, you said that youre going to try and 4-8table the games now. i dont think that 10tabling is possible over this sort of duration but because you continually like to say you 10table you have an edge over the others who do this challenge because of your ability to play more hands then them.

you said 10tabling nets you 900hands/hr, so in order to reach 150,000 hands youd only have to put in 166 hours assuming you 10table straight.

of course you wont be able to do that so lets assume you net a reasonable 650hands/hr, youd only have to put in 230 hours to reach your goal.

sounds doable, but truthfully this challenge will probably come down to variance.

good luck. hope the cardio works out.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:19 PM

150k hands in 60 days is about what I estimate. I am going to try to put in more because I need to be able to beat variance.

Also, I'll probably average 500-550 hands per hour it looks like.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:00 PM

dude get rid of those varicose veins or whatever you got before you start another challenge. We know you got game ..if I had any serious health problems poker would be on the back burner and I'd be devoting 3-4 hours a day to getting things re-balanced physically not just a 45 minute a day cardio workout.

Keep some balance in your life unless you are just on a mission to make as much money as possible in the next few years from poker. I guess I just dont understand the hurry when you have exceptional talent you 'll always be able to make lots of molla.

When I was in my twenties all I was doing was [censored] everything in sight and partying my ballz off...but I stayed in good shape during those years. You have the rest of your life-30's and 40's to vegitate in front of a computer screen. Dont live a middle-aged life at such a young age..beleive me I'm 43..You are only going to be young once enjoy it..

People on these boards are mentioning health issues and they are in their 20's. If you got issues in your 20's the 40's are going to be very ugly indeed...get the hell outside.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:06 PM

I'm taking care of my stuff. She gave me some stuff to do, but cardio is basically out of the question except for maybe swimming (too much impact, she doesn't want that).

Honestly there isn't a whole lot more I can do if I spent 3 hours a day instead of 30 minutes a day doing what she wants me to do. <font color="pink"> </font>
Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 PM

if you need any swimming tips let me know I just swam 3300 yards in under an hour. I swim 5/6 days a week. All Masters workouts either in a group or I just do the workouts by myself. Glad to hear you are seeing a doc.

4 years ago when I got back into swimming I couldnt swim 5 laps. Just start out very very slowly maybe take a lesson or two. UNLV has a pool,they are supposed to be buiding a new one soon..but Vegas doesnt have alot in the way of Masters swimming like LA County but I'm sure you could find something. I checked around a few months ago.

It's a great exercise becuase you get an all-around body workout but with no stress to your joints. It will lengthen your muscles not make you cut,it will lower your heartrate but best of all it offers a zen-like feeling when you get into it just a little bit. It is very meditative..If you have any problems at all with depression regular swimming will vanquish it...it could be the perfect exercise for you since you need to exercise and you are very wound up and competitive...

here are a few links if you need em:

Swimming Things You Can Do to be a Better Swimmer

Total Immersion Swimming

United States Masters Swimming

you dont need to any of this organized stuff just get in the water and slowly swim a few more laps each day..you may like it you may not give it a shot. You will not like it until you give it a solid shoot thu ..by that I mean 2-4 weeks of regular slow workouts so dont expect to just get into it from the start.

If you cant swim at all dont be intimidated ..no problemo take a week or so of cheap lessons ie YMCA and you will be able to start from there.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:00 PM

I used to be on a swim team. I love swimming, but honestly it's been a while. I've let my body slip a lot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be on a swim team

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man you are ready to go..thats great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]