Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-26-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Weak Tight ....

I've been noticing I'm not taking control in a lot of situations. In this particular hand, I had about 35 hands on the inital pre-flop raiser who had a very high pre-flop raise. First off, is this an okay pre-flop call against a very loose raiser. The first caller who ends up being villian had just sat down so no really good reads. My question is, after I intended to check-raise this flop and it's two cold to me is this a standard line to take post-flop against an unknown or do I need to be three-betting or capping this flop?...with him being an unknown I felt I should call it down, but now in retrospect, I feel i should have atleast three-bet on the flop to isolate the flop raiser.Anyway, still learning I guess...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

River: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Anyway just looking for a growling and possibly advice on whether to wait to the turn to get aggressive.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Weak Tight ....

[ QUOTE ]
I feel i should have atleast three-bet on the flop to isolate the flop raiser

[/ QUOTE ]

you flopped the second nuts. forget about trying to "isolate" people or protect your hand or any of that. raise for value.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway just looking for a growling and possibly advice on whether to wait to the turn to get aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got aggressive on the turn?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:24 PM

About getting aggressive on the turn..I meant in the context that when I should have raised, should it be on the turn and not on the flop...anyway, yeah the more I look at this hand I think I really need to wear panties for donking this hand off...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:25 PM

You want confirmation it's weak-tight? Well, err, OK. Are you really worried about a nutflush after someone raises a monotone flop? And, if so, why are you playing Q2s for a raise in the BB in the first place? Three-bet that flop, or just lead out, .5/1 players are never gonna put you on the made flush if you lead the flop. That said, if you insist on being passive on this flop (a bad thing when 18 cards force you to slow down a bit), you need to be checkraising the turn. And I would lead this river. Board pairing doesn't always mean a full, and you have no idea if villain even has a pair of his own, much less a boat.

Bet, and raise. Lots.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:28 PM

I cap the flop, making someone holding A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x pay for sticking around. Then lead the turn, only 1 of them can possibly be ahead of you at this point. Get the maximum bets in while you are ahead. With the board pairing on the river, you can slow down if their both still in.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:48 PM

3-bet the flop. Fast playing rocks!