Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Jacks 3-Handed

Villain2 is loose and slightly aggressive. He's not afraid to try and push me off a good hand. Villain is loose and passive. I raised preflop with position on both, neither was in the blinds. The flop is:

KQ3r

Conventional wisdom says betting is foolish against loose players. But how do I protect myself from being pushed off if I do in fact have the best hand? It's fairly likely neither of them hit.

If I bet flop and turn, I'm probably spewing chips. If I bet the flop and then check the turn, I could easily be pushed off the hand. Suggestions on how to play this hand?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Jacks 3-Handed

[ QUOTE ]

It's fairly likely neither of them hit.

If I bet flop and turn, I'm probably spewing chips. If I bet the flop and then check the turn, I could easily be pushed off the hand. Suggestions on how to play this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to contradict yourself here. If neither of them hit, then you are value betting your pair. If they will call you with a naked ace then you want to bet. You aren't spewing chips, they are.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:17 PM

If you really want to play it down to the river, maybe getting a cheap showdown? Bet the flop, check behind on the turn, and call the river. However, if we do have the best hand here, I don't particularly like playing it this way. Betting the flop and turn may be chip spewing, but I see no other way to play this if you think you're ahead.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:21 PM

Check the flop if it checks through you are likely ahead. Then if no scare cards come bet out on turn & river. If an opponent bets and you are convinced you are ahead (which you sem to imply here) then raise and face one of the opponents with two bets hoping to protect your hand that way.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:26 PM

Neither of these opponents will bet at me on the flop or the turn when I'm behind. But if I bet the turn and get called, I'm definitely behind. So you think I should just bet the flop and turn anyways?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neither of these opponents will bet at me on the flop or the turn when I'm behind. But if I bet the turn and get called, I'm definitely behind. So you think I should just bet the flop and turn anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you just have to play poker. You said in you OP that neither of them probably hit. If that is your read then go with it. If you recieve new information that you are behind then react accordingly.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:02 PM

That's just my point... Against reasonable opponents, I'd definitely bet. But against these players, they'll call with or without a pair of kings or queens regardless, so I can gain no information from their play. Against two random hands, my equity is almost exactly 50%.