Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 07:38 AM

Default First of 3 hands - 22 extremely weird play 3/6 SH

Reads: Villain had been taking shots at me quite a considerable amount. I had bet-folded his turn OOP a LOT recently.

For the sake of debate, we'll say was in MP, which makes the raise debatable. I may have been in the CO.

Hero is in MP with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Preflop: 1 fold, Hero Raises, CO calls, 3 folds

Flop (pot is 5.5SB): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls

I 3bet here because if capped, i c/f the turn UI. My friend suggested a stop-and-go after the hand - anyone think so?

Turn (pot is 5.25BB): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
oooh baby i likee
Hero Bets, CO Calls

River (Pot is 7.25BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero bet-3bet and calls the cap.

Final pot 15BB

What do people think about flop and river most of all.
Pete
Old 12-17-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Re: First of 3 hands - 22 extremely weird play 3/6 SH

fold preflop [/obligatory]
if not, fold the flop. if he's raising a pair, you have 2 outs. if he's raising a draw, you are slightly behind or slightly ahead with terrible reverse implied.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:51 AM

I only raise this on the button, especially with a floater on my left. Hell I'd fold it on the button if he's loose in the SB. I'd just ditch it on the flop without evidence he's relly taking shots at you. It sounds like you've folded before showdown so you don't have proof? If you are carrying on with the hand though I'd just check/call it down, but even if you're ahead you'll have to dodge a bunch of cards.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:03 AM

You turn good but I fold this preflop. Since you chose to raise it then I like the flop. He could just be having a shot at you with position. A stop and go in this situation often looks like you're FOS, and LAGGY villians tend to act accordingly.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:33 AM

okay. yeah the flop 3bet was laggy, I think it was due to him shoving me around for the last 20 hands.

This was my first 3/6 online. I'm not ready for it. I know - i lost $130 then made it back to -$66, that's only -20BB to -11BB in a single session, but the figures are just too high for me. After 20k of 2/4 i may think differently, but right now i'm not ready for it.

Results (in white):
<font color="white">Villain shows QJo for the overcard PF cold call, flop raise. Rivers the gutshot. Meh.</font>