Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 02:49 AM

Default SSHUSH Digest #2 - 14 December 2005

Small Stakes Heads Up & Short-Handed Digest #2
December 14, 2005

Welcome all to the second installment of the SSHUSH digest!
Thanks to popular demand, this installment will be viewed in "Flat" mode! Also, the plethora of symbols are now reduced to:
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - SH limit play
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] - HU play
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] - not limit-specific; theoretical questions or polls.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
"Flop raise with overs"
1/2 istewart finds a decent spot to raise two overcards, cue the debate about the magic checklist to consult when raising overs.

"More outs...?"
2/4 dietlime has dirty, dirty, dirty outs.

"Why am i always in these spots?"
3/6 PokerBob has a set and a lot of action from 3 quarters. I like the PF limp and flop bet, but the river...

"drawing with 2 pair in huge pot - a mistake?"
.5/1 Cadence limp-reraises 98s (to some rebuke) and disagreement exists on the flop action.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
"190k stats checkup post"
If you've not played 30k hands, it's best not to post stats (see "Stats, Downswings, And Whatnot" for the debate). The main link is to a player who waited till 190,000 hands to share stats. We'll all get there one day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks leader for the link.

"Common HU flop situation"
3/6 felson gets sound advice from StellarWind on why not to fold to a flop c/r with overs. Everyone digs Stellar's sound. Props to leader for the recommendation.

"Spewing with ace high?"
2/4 Waffle wants to know what he's doing here, and people get so bogged down in aggression numbers no-one really answers effectively.

"About chat..."
from our own "chat" (it's french for cat, look at the avatar etc. etc.) Microbob, an excellent post on the chat function.

"something from ToP"
Oreogod looking into defence against the semi-bluff. Useful stuff for those who don't frequently revisit Theory of Poker.

"Is iso raising worth it?"
PokerSparky had a LPP coldcaller to his left which fecked up his isolation plays. Recommendations!

"mid pair against flop raise"
1/2 Any2Cardz wants to know whether to go to SD; Stellar once again hands out "gold for free" (thanks spydog for the boss quote).

"A7s on the button. Bet river w/ ace high"
5/10 Redeye seems to take a flop stab and it may have become a spewfest...comments seems to dislike the line. Know when to give up is the motto i guess. leader once again giving linkage.

"KK against PF reraiser, A on board"
2/4 sharpie wants a line and there seems to be a not very well responded to debate between the WA/WB line and the bet-fold line. leader shows the way once again with this link, thanks dude.

From the MHHUSH forum:

"I c/c c/c donk my flush draw HU"
Alobar takes an unorthodox line with the flush draw, lots of varied debate. Thanks leader for the link.

From the Books and Publications forum:

"buried thread treasure hunt!"
scroll down and find Ed Miller NPA's advice on 6max games!! leader is once again a god for finding this gold.

From 2+2 internet magazine, vol 1 (12), which will be taken down in March so read it soon:

"Observations on 6-max Limit Hold 'em"
Ed Miller NPA's article on 6max play. goody. Apologies to who sent me this link, for shame, i deleted your message. MrWookie? maybe. thanks anyway.

This week's feature: Blind Defence!

"Stealing and Playing in the Blinds"
Scotty34's Digest in a digest, much [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to scotty for digging these up.

"Blind Defense Quiz/Poll"
Spy Dog sets up a poll for defending blinds. Useful stuff.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
"Blind Defence - SB with A9o"
Trent wants to get an idea how and why to threebet weak aces to button's steal raising.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Digest

Keep PMing links and suggestions to improve this post!

Pete
Closed Thread