Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-12-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: TT played scared? (adsman sweats Pete)

i prolly wouldnt have a problem with checking on the turn if the pot were hu.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beware beware beware the word police they come to your thread in the middle of the night and ensure correct terminology usage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I just really don't like how much this word is used. I have even started to use it myself, which I don't like. If it is used though, it should at least be used properly.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:10 PM

Could you please state the definition of "Donk bet". I am very unsure on the definition of this word and will use it correctly upon recieving the full definition.

P.s. The result of this hand sucks but must be expected some times. Dam passives.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:24 PM

i was under the impression that donkbetting was betting a street as the first to act.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 PM

I thought it was when you just bet strangley.

I.e. sarahjane checks, Bob raises, Jimmy reraises, they both call as did Sarahjane.

Sarahjane bets the turn... Thats what i thought was a donk bet. Ah well im going to "word prison" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:28 PM

ooh yeah donking may have something to do with playing the last street passively then opening the betting on the next street.

Hhm...dictionary.com doesn't have "donkbet". bummer
Old 12-12-2005, 07:13 PM

I'm new to shorthanded also and the first time I read this without reading everyone else's responses I saw a screaming bet on the turn. I think you are right when you say that checking the turn tells everyone that the Ace scared you and you want to see what everyone else is going to do. I would bet this and fold to a raise. That is probably why the SB led the bet on the river because he knew you didn't have the Ace, which then he knew that his paired Jack at least stood a chance to the showdown.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you please state the definition of "Donk bet". I am very unsure on the definition of this word and will use it correctly upon recieving the full definition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I still am not completely sure. It definetly is betting a street without being the final agressor on the previous street, but it might be more specific then that. I know that if you bet, get raised, call, and lead the next street, that is a stop and go, yet some people might still call it a donk bet. Also, if someone bets or raises on a previous street, but then checks, and you bet, that is also not a donk bet.

I think two good examples of donk bets might be if someone open raises from LP, and you call on the BB. If you bet the flop, that is donking. The second would be if you check/call the turn, but then lead the river.