Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-23-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: OOPS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I'm still a moron for going that many bets on the river, either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that it matters even a little. A situation like this arises so infrequently that the results are inconsequentilal and not worth discussing. If you are a winning player costing yourself a bet or two in situations like the one you describe are meaningless. Somebody please reread the hand. Did he say he was on tilt? No he failed to take an extemely unlikely event into account. EXTREMELY UNLIKLEY is the key. Don't worry about such small things things. They are things that come automatically not through discussion but through experience. Worry about the big things, your overall strategy andyou will be fine.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

I was never on tilt...I just was amused by the hand and thought you guys would be, too. I went on to book a big win that night, so that's why I can laugh about it now!

And Vince brings up a good point - I did notice the straight flush out there - I just chose to ignore a very unlikely event - and it cost me a few bets. Oh well. Next hand!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think that it matters even a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goint 11 bets (I re-counted) on the river with a non-nut A of trump on a 4 flush board matters quite a bit, even if it happens rarely.

[ QUOTE ]
Did he say he was on tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

He said the other guy was a fish/moron in word and deed. Telling I think. He's so arrogant, that he's convinced the other guy can't read the board or is so stupid he is going off with a weaker hand. And he has a built in defense, that even if he is wrong, the other guy is a huge moron for even having that hand. This is a study in arrogance and entitlement syndrome. If he had simply misread his own hand, it would not be nearly so condemning of him. On the original board he posted (I'm skimmed the thread now, calling the 3-bet is closing in a crying call.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Shemp, my calling the other guy a fish was a joke - I was being facetious, as we all know who the obvious fish in the hand was. You should really re-read my original post - it was meant as a funny story, nothing more.

And as this was my very first foray into a 15/30 game - and my very first hand at the table - I'm not sure how I could qualify any player sitting at the table as good nor bad, do you?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shemp, my calling the other guy a fish was a joke - I was being facetious, as we all know who the obvious fish in the hand was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I'm wrong again. My apologies.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He said the other guy was a fish/moron in word and deed. Telling I think. He's so arrogant,

[/ QUOTE ]

So what! Every winning poker player is arrogant in one way or another. It comes with the territory.

Vince
Old 11-24-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He DID make his straight flush. Ansd as far as I recollect, the 2c4c was the ONLY possible straight flush out there. So I had the 2nd nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is impossible, since you have the Ac the only straight flush 2c4c makes is with a board of 3 5 6, making 4c7c the better straight flush. you had the 3rd nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

24 and 74 are the same hand---only a ST FL using the 4 beats him----he effectively had the 2nd nuts