Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-18-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Should I bluff? (Ignore my location, please)

I failed to include QQ in my earlier hand range.

This just looks and feels like the SB failed to consider that your CB was weak because it was a multi-way pot. Just the kind of mistake a somewhat thinking player might make. Also, a somewhat thinking player has to consider your large bring in and is wondering if you have AK or AKs. Looks like a feeler bet.

My feeling that this is a good spot plus my amount of raise to $225 hasn't changed. I think he folds, but you could have the best hand (doubtful) and you do have some outs (but not many).

I'll be drinking single malt in the penthouse or sleepin' in the street.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:28 AM

i agree with you and think that you will get a fold a decent % of the time if you push. i have made these bluffs lately and they have been successful, but in general i probably dont make this one that often. i find enough slightly better situations and dont want to cross the aggro line. anyway, if i could be assured that he folded 88/99 type hands everytime then sure, since we both put him on that sort of hand a decent % of the time. but he will look you up sometimes i think with that sort of hand. hands like set/2 pair, etc are unlikely but just possible enough to make this a fold for me.

if the pot were a tad bigger you actually would have a higher EV. fold equity might even increase, as its hard for some villians to see you pushing 350+ into a 75 dollar bet with a strong hand.

ive been playing some lately and am loving these sort of turn raise bluffs vs decent players. the best is when you can target a tag player with an obvious 88-JJ hand, and raise the turn all in on a scary 2356 rainbow board. of course it only works if you have been around enough develop a decent image yourself. anyways, i am digressing. despite noone agreeing with your play i think that the thought process is right on.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I guess it's unanimous. No one likes the CB. No one likes the size of the CB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like both, and would make both.

[ QUOTE ]

No one likes to bluff the turn. I'm not sure if I should bother trying to justify any of this hand then. Maybe I should just realize the whole thing is bad. Anyways, I pushed and he folded. Pretty sure he had a small overpair. It just SCREAMED to me that he was leading and folding to a raise with his bet size and the fact that he led out instead of waiting for me to commit myself and then check/raising. I figured that he would check/raise a set or a straight. Or if he decided to bet, he would bet more and hope I called with an overpair. It just seemed SO obvious that he was thinking "I might be good, but I don't want to commit myself so I'll bet only 75 into the 130 pot and fold if he pushes." So I pushed. And he folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont likethe bluff, although it seems you read the situation well.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:08 PM

I think that NLHE is a game of recall. After a while you've seen pretty much all there is to see and it becomes a matter of recalling "what did I do last time".

I can't explain it, but I believe it's there. It's something you can recall from your subconscious and what.....know, feel, sense, smell, recognize, gut feel?

The bottom line is that this decision does not have to be correct all of the time, or most of the time, or half the time. What counts is making this call correctly when the big money is on the line.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, you should fold

[/ QUOTE ]