Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-30-2005, 10:03 PM

Default 2/4, Fold rivered flush?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

MP2 is sort of a maniac. No stats on SB. I guess the question is if and when should I fold this draw?
Old 10-30-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: 2/4, Fold rivered flush?

1. Raise the flop. You may get a free card, but, most importantly, you'd love to fold out hands like AK or KQ behind you and clean up your chance of winning if you hit a K. (Will SB only bet out with a J here... in that case, calling is better, but most players at this level would not bet out with a J.)

3. Raise the river. You hit your ideal card. You want to extract money from anyone who also hit a flush or something. If MP2 is a real maniac then I don't really think folding is an option here, because he could have many hands including worse flushes and Js and stuff. The fact that he is a maniac and may call two or raise the river with a worse hand is a reason I like raising the river from the get go.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:12 PM

I agree with your river analysis, and I guess the pot is just barely big enough to warrant the flop raise. The free card bonus is really sweet too. If we get called behind it's ok because we still ahve an equtiy edge at this point.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:09 AM

Is the pre-flop call even worth it with a maniac?