Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: You\'re going to slay me for this one...

thats why I think 3 betting the flop is best, this way you can get capped and call down right? (depends on reads) Or if you get popped on the turn after 3 betting flop, your hand is probably not good. Taking the lead instead of betting the turn and inviting a raise is probably better to see where you are at and simultaneously control the pot size.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 AM

Well, if I 3-bet the flop, more than likely he's just going to call it. If I'm raised on the turn, I call down and I lost that extra SB. The way I play it, I don't 3-bet the flop but I bet into him on the turn when it's a good card for me and my equity has gone up. I can call down his raise from there and I haven't lost the flop SB plus I'm winning a higher %. If a bad card comes on the turn, I check/call probably, or bet/fold. What do you think?

M
Old 10-24-2005, 05:28 AM

see the thing is, if you believe your equity went up on the turn and you also think that he will never check the turn, i dont understand why you dont checkraise. what if hes on a complete bluff btw? with that kinda AF, i wouldnt doubt it. he might just muck to the turn bet. i believe its fine to wait for the turn to judge your equity, but youre winning the dead minimum when that card comes.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:33 AM

There's no way he's folding the turn. He has some form of a piece/draw. He's not terribly agg, only moderately. His post flop agg is under 2. The fact that this hand is 3-handed increases his tendancy I'm sure, but not to the point of being on a complete bluff IMO. The reason I don't want to c/r the turn is b/c I have TPwK on a board where I'm very susceptible (I don't see it as a very powerful holding here), plus I can't fold to a 3-bet so I'll be calling 2 more BBs when I'm probably drawing nearly dead.

I think a problem I may be having with hands like these is that I sacfifice winning the maximum with an increased possibility of folding for making sure I get to the river. Are you calling down a turn 3-bet? Calling and folding R UI?

M
Old 10-24-2005, 05:35 AM

yes I'm calling a 3 bet with that turn card. (but id 3 bet the flop) Your hand is weak and can be easily ripped apart right? So get the bets in when you are ahead of his hand range! (flop, that turn)
btw thats a very high AF for his VPIP.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:36 AM

Fair enough. I'm also now probably in favor of 3-betting the flop and going from there. Villain showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHIG.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no way he's folding the turn. He has some form of a piece/draw. He's not terribly agg, only moderately. His post flop agg is under 2.

M

[/ QUOTE ]

That AF number combined with his vpip means that he bluffs way, way too often. Against a player who will bluff anytime he thinks your hand is weak, the correct play is simply to call him down with a marginal hand, IMO.