Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Fire last round on river bluff?

If your gonna bet the turn you might as well bet the river. But it sucks taht the board paired cuz now he might be inclined to payoff with ace high.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:19 AM

NL, don't you think the fact that I raised the flop and played it strong the whole hand diminishes the % of the time he calls the river with A high?

M
Old 10-02-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NL, don't you think the fact that I raised the flop and played it strong the whole hand diminishes the % of the time he calls the river with A high?

M

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, but pepople will look for any excuse possible to get to SD, and when the top card pairs on the river thast usually a good enough excuse.

also, dont post the results next time.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, dont post the results next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed. i was going to mention that.

obviously you are hoping that the fact that you played it strong is enough to fold him out.

most players would be too passive to even call the turn with just A high imo...unless you have been really agg and running over the table lately (and getting to show a couple miracle draws that you caught, etc).

I think the chances of you folding him out on the river is very much related to your table-image (but I'm really hyper about the importance of what the OTHER players are thinking of YOU)
Old 10-02-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't think there's a chance he could just have a 9 and decide on the turn that he is probably beat?

(this is a semi-serious question: I am definitely over-aggressive with my continuation bets in heads-up battles where I'm mostly making up fold-equity that isn't really there)

[/ QUOTE ]I guess there is a chance, but I don't think it is big enough to make a bet profitable.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:37 AM

Im trying to think of exactly what hands he calls the turn and folds the river with. only thing I can come up with is Q8, T8, and maybe AQ, but like I said before, i think thers a decent chance he pays off with AQ.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:46 AM

i think lots of players will call the flop raise with ANYTHING just to show that they weren't bluffing...in hopes that they can bluff at it on the turn if I now check at it.

Even Ed miller says that there is value in calling the flop-raise just so you don't let your opponents value-raise you on the flop all day long.

I think that after taking the iniative on the flop you stand a chance of taking it with the turn semi-bluff bet.
But, I agree that I'm possibly overestimating the chances of success in this situation (on this board espeically of course) and that I'm trying to create +EV out of a -EV move.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:50 AM

microbob, im just curious....what lead to your title of internet superstar?