Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Please evaluate my stats 5/10 (6 max)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
W$WSF 46.56%
W$SD 59.06

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm.....

What this tells me is either you're running great or winning lots of small pots and losing big ones. If you aren't making 4bb/100 with these numbers then you need MUCH better game selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those numbers are skewed because he's playing so tight. Of course he's going to win all those pots because he's going to be playing better hands on average than his opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overestimating the tightness factor. I played at 18/12 as a 1bb winner for almost a year and never had numbers that high. My W$WSF was always around 39% and my W$SD was always just under 55%.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:38 PM

My stats after 42k hands of 6-max (5/10 ->20/40)
VPIP 24
W$WSF 45
WTSD 34
W$ASD 56.9

(There's a clear problem in that I'm not going to showdown enough and I'm winning a little too often when I get there.)

Point is, though, that a W$WSF of 39 is REALLY low.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:04 PM

I'm definitely not running especially well.

For my 32,000 hands at 3/6 (6) my W$WSF was 45. So it's about the same consistently. My W$SD was 54.82.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:11 PM

I agree with you guys that I need to go to SD a little more, and thus win at SD a little less. I'm incorporating this into my game slowly. My plan for 5/10 was to first get a decent roll here, which a good run did right off, and then feel out the players and begin to expand my play and hand ranges.

I'm also going to be posting a lot more hands when my new lap top arrives and I can 4-table and post at the same time.

Krishan, very interesting information...turn aggression. I seldom raise the turn because I noticed everyone was folding to my raises, so I mostly wait until the river to raise (especially HU situations) when I have a hand worthy of raising on the turn unless I can put villain on a possible draw, if I want him out, or if I think he has a piece with which he'll pay (I'm speaking OOP).

I need to datamine apparently. My computer is mad slow and most of the time I'm not using any GT stats on anyone at the table, so I'm playing with less specific reads than I need according to some things you've said, Krishan. I don't think it makes a monumental difference but I know I'm losing plenty of opportunities for better decisions because of it, all the while 4-tabling.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:40 PM

Switch to pokerace.

Krishan - 37