Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-08-2005, 12:23 PM

Default QQ hand vs TAG

Party Poker.

Villain is a TAG.

Hero has Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in LMP

Preflop:
Folded to EMP TAG who open raises. I 3 bet from LMP. Button calls 2, EMP Tag caps, I call, Button calls

Flop: (13.5 SB)
4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EMP TAG bets, I raise, Button folds, EMP Tag calls.

Turn: (15.5 SB)
5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EMP Tag donk bets, Hero Raises ........

These were my thoughts.

EMP Tag capped PF, His hands are QQ-AA, AKs, possibly AKo and JJ. I am not in real good shape here. Flop brought the dreaded A. When EMP Tag bets I decide to raise to represent the A hoping he has KK. HE calls which could be good or could be setting me up for a turn checkraise.

When he donks the turn I'm almost certain he doesn't have an A. I'm putting him squarely on KK now. I raise to again represent the A as I want this hand done with now.

Comments?
Old 09-08-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: QQ hand vs TAG

would he lay down that KK in this situation?

whats his image of you? or what do you think his image of you is?

you're positive he's only capping with QQ up?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:03 PM

TAG didn't donk bet you. He pulled a stop n' go. He bet/called the flop. Then bet the turn. You raised the flop with two clubs on board. He bet the turn with an Ace or to avoid giving a free card if you are on a draw. Its too risky for him to try a checkraise after you raised the flop with two clubs showing. Heads up, I don't he is laying down Kings here.

I do not like the turn raise here one bit. If he doesn't reraise you should check behind on the river.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:32 PM

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner...
Old 09-08-2005, 01:32 PM

Well, if you're certain he has KK after the turn bet, I think it's an easy raise as villain will fold KK more than the necessary 20%-25% of the time.
I don't, however, agree that KK is a lock. Is AA ridiculous? AK is also still a possibility (as is, say, QQ or JJ). KK is the only hand (OK, QQ, too) you want to raise, but I think there are plenty of other hands he could have.
Last thought: Is he a good player, or just a TAG? With KK, this seems like a wa/wb situation for him. Would he take the standard c/c line here on the turn if he recognizes that? Would he think you'd realize that's what he's doing, etc.?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you're certain he has KK after the turn bet, I think it's an easy raise as villain will fold KK more than the necessary 20%-25% of the time.
I don't, however, agree that KK is a lock. Is AA ridiculous? AK is also still a possibility (as is, say, QQ or JJ). KK is the only hand (OK, QQ, too) you want to raise, but I think there are plenty of other hands he could have.
Last thought: Is he a good player, or just a TAG? With KK, this seems like a wa/wb situation for him. Would he take the standard c/c line here on the turn if he recognizes that? Would he think you'd realize that's what he's doing, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

His turn bet seemed like he was asking me if I really had an A. I lied and told him yes. I think it would have been a disaster to not raise the turn. I can fold to a 3 bet easily. A call on the turn is telling him I don't have the A and he can take control of the hand.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:11 PM

I'd play this way against LAG. Against TAG...I don't think he is bluffing, most of the time he has an ace and trying to avoid giving you a free card. Even if he has Kings I don't think he will lay them down often enough, considering the pot size. My line here would probably be a call down (expecting to lose most of the time).
Old 09-08-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he doesn't reraise you should check behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my plan, fold to a 3 bet and ck behind on the river.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His turn bet seemed like he was asking me if I really had an A. I lied and told him yes. I think it would have been a disaster to not raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying his bet was for information. I'm saying I don't think a typical TAG is necessarily betting for information here; I wouldn't. If he has AA or AK, he knows that he's likely ahead or chopping. If ahead, he doesn't want the turn to check-through to give your likely 2-3 outer a free card.