Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Some Big Blind Junk

MP1 is total fish 37/2/.4
MP2 is LAGgy 38/7/2.8
Button is SLA-P 25/9/.8

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero...??

Whadya Do?

Thanks
-J
Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Some Big Blind Junk

I would fold here assuming that we are against a set.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:56 PM

I think you should have gone for a c/r on the flop. Very few people resist betting the button, plus you have a few late position lags. It will help protect your hand.

Your getting about 7:1 on a call here, I'd probably cold call the 3bet. There is a chance you're still ahead plus you will draw to the best hand about 1 in 12. I think thats enough to go here but your not ahead enough to cap and I don't like the LAG. Maybe your read on the fish is off and he will raise with top pair good kicker on the turn, maybe he has a smaller two pair. 69 seems unlikely, he's not that loose. Maybe he has a smaller set. hittin a T or 8 on the river would have some nice implied odds in that case.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:02 PM

Assuming we are against a set? I don't see anything indicating a set. I'd say a straight is the likely candidate. Most likely someone just made their straight with J9 or 96 even if they have set (doubtful). My guess is one has 2 pair and the other a straight but you never know. You have have 4 outs to redraw, but its two back to you. Even with implied odds which I may even push up to 4 in this scenario. I'd fold.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have gone for a c/r on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree...If I check and let the LAG bet then I only squeeze 1 person between us and its the fish who will most likely call anyway...I think its just inviting people to peel on the turn too. There's only 5.5 bets in the pot. There's no flush draws and there are only two open ended straight draws.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even with implied odds which I may even push up to 4 in this scenario. I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it? Cap or fold?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even with implied odds which I may even push up to 4 in this scenario. I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it? Cap or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am capping this about never.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree...If I check and let the LAG bet then I only squeeze 1 person between us and its the fish who will most likely call anyway...I think its just inviting people to peel on the turn too. There's only 5.5 bets in the pot. There's no flush draws and there are only two open ended straight draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, then do it for value. If it checks to button, then you will protect your hand. If the LAG bets, it will be for value.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:40 PM

Fold it.