Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 08-17-2005, 09:42 PM

Default I hate to fold on 6th street, but...

I hate folding 6th street, but at this point in the hand there is almost nothing I can beat.. Perhaps I should have folded 5th, but there was quite a bit in the pot by that point. Villian is a little to loose but not an idiot.. Thoughts?

Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.30 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds

5th Street - (4.65 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (6.65 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (6.65 BB)
Old 08-17-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: I hate to fold on 6th street, but...

Yea, 5th is an easy fold...you're quite likely drawing close to dead (unless he has 76 in the hole...at which point you have outs, but are still behind).

Jeff
Old 08-17-2005, 10:05 PM

I like to play hands like this on 3rd because they are fun but I really do believe that they are -ev considering how dead your hearts are. I think 6th is a clear fold but agree with Jeffage that a fold could be found on 5th (not that I could find it myself).
Old 08-17-2005, 10:19 PM

You played a 4th street like this against me before. Its aggressive, but it can cost you a ton of $$ if that other guy doesn't fold. What's more important here is your read of that other guy in the hand you forced out on 4th. You're basically making a play to chop what's already in the pot.. But, that guy could very well have kings and not be willing to fold since he already called the bet. That's the problem.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:50 PM

I disagree. It's worth the extra small bet to try and get the pot heads up. If the king sticks around, well that's unfortunte. But seriously, if there's one thing we all learned from 7CSFAP, it's GET THE POT HEADS UP.

Fifth is a very tough decision, I lean toward folding, but calling is not bad. Once he pairs his door, you can't beat either of his two possible hands on fourth (4-flush or 2-pair), so I think folding is prudent.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:01 PM

Yeah, third and fourth are fine. Fifth is probably a fold. Sixth is definitely a fold.

I don't like to fold on sixth street, either.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:10 AM

Anyone feel like checkraising 4th?

Or are you a bit worried about it getting checked around