Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Donk\'d this one up: nut flush draw OOP

Villian in this hand is 44/10/1.31 AF over 320 hands. He's played with me enough to know that just because I made a preflop raise doesnt mean jack. Today, most of my preflop raises have gone uncontested (he hasn't so much as called a continuation bet).. which leads me to believe he might be playing back with less than a monster.

Anyone have any *better* lines for the flop/turn based on his range (which is pretty wide but may include a set, a pair + flush draw, one pair, no hand, etc), in addition to the cards that may come off. I sorta want to represent an overpair on the turn.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) converter

MP ($156.25)
Button ($525.50)
SB ($535.75)
BB ($252.45)
Hero ($429.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $14, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($34) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $88</font>, Hero calls $63.

Turn: ($210) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($210) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $125</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $335
Old 07-21-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Donk\'d this one up: nut flush draw OOP

Lead the turn weakly. Villian probably isn't reading you for a made flush. A weak lead tells him you have a top pair type hand. May induce a villian raise. If he calls you here, more likely to call a river bet of smallish size. So, if you're looking at your $125 river bet: $60 on the turn and $65 on the river are more likely to get called or played back at, than the one river bet.