Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Party .5/1: AKs in MP3 (Correct to call down?)

I was playing .5/1 during the day for the first time in a long time so the tables were a bit tighter than what they usually are. Stil loose, but just tighter than normal. MP1 in this hand is loose-passive preflop, but is aggressive post flop. The button and SB have both only been at the table a few hands and are unknown.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Is calling this down correct against a loose, but aggressive player post flop?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Party .5/1: AKs in MP3 (Correct to call down?)

try raising the turn
Old 03-28-2005, 10:34 PM

Easy turn raise.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try raising the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I am failing to see what the purpose of the turn raise is. If I am raising the turn it is because I think MP1 doesn;t have the flush, but if that is the case why not re-raise the flop? The button and Sb may fold to 2 cold on a scary board like that and if my opponent(s) are drawing to the flush they may be earning money with each dollar that goes in on the flop, but I am earning more by having the best hand.

On the turn who am I going to chase out that I am afraid of with a raise? Is it just to try and drive out AJ or AQ?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:40 PM

Umm, you're raising the turn because you have 2 people to call behind you, and you want to get rid of single diamonds from seeing the river.

You also want to build the pot in case the river is a blank.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, you're raising the turn because you have 2 people to call behind you, and you want to get rid of single diamonds from seeing the river.

You also want to build the pot in case the river is a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two people acting behind me on the flop as well. Why not try to drive them out then? Also single diamonds are not folding the turn (at least it would incorrect to do so) from a raise from me.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:45 PM

Because its unlikely they'll fold to small bets. And if you do raise, they don't fold, a diamond falls, you're in no mans land.

Wait for the turn blank, then raise pretend you already have a made flush. The smaller diamonds will fold. Your correct in saying its probably incorrect to fold, but they will fear a bigger diamond (and should).
Old 03-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Results

So it seems I should have raised the turn here.

MP1 shows (Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) (flush)
Button shows (K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) (pair of K)

MHING. Thanks for the feedback.