Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: flopping the nuts HU: slowplay or not?

yea the more I think about the situation the more I believe he was horrible and not decent. The min reraise was a horrible play on his part and does nothing. At the same time it baffled me to his holding, but in retrospect he probably had overs. Its just that I've seen newbies do this move all the time with a set or AA/KK.. as a resteal attempt (my original bet was meant to look steal-ish), it was horribly weak and wouldn't accomplish anything. Bah, I have no idea how to pin down his hand.. damn random newbie moves.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: flopping the nuts HU: slowplay or not?

If it's just to extract money, why not something like a simple $40. He'll likely call or even re-raise again. I can't see anyone who'd fold for an additional $130 would call for an all-in.

With the two clubs out there though, I'd think the larger bet is better -- either he makes the call and is an underdog on the flush/over draw, or he folds it and you win right there. Calling and catching a club on the turn would suck, and you'd want to get your money in before then.