Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 04:52 PM

Default when to fold KK

$1 BB

you are in BB with KK. a few limpers and button raises to $4. you reraise to $17. folded to the button who reraises to $34. you know that the button is tight, and not especially aggressive.

say you have the button covered. say the button has $70. do you fold or push? say the button has $110... fold or push? $150...fold call or push? $230...fold, call or push?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: when to fold KK

I will have to give the "it's situational" response here, but I think it is a very appropriate answer. I know, you gave lots of examples and a sort of read on the villain, but it is still hard without knowing the texture of the game, and how villain views you. If he is really tight, I might be able to lay it down. Otherwise I might try a stop-and-go with this hand to feel him out on the flop (though this will be tough). If the stacks are deep, I call and raise the flop. If he still shows aggression, I will lay it down without losing my (or his) whole stack of chips. If he respects my play or his hand is not AA this move might be good. With deep stacks, I like a call more than I like a push. I don't mind seeing a flop instead of putting it all in PF against Tighty McFolder who is hell-bent on raising you. I hope some of this makes sense.

- ToT