Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Set play?

Wasnt sure if I should have re-popped the flop. Turn left me not really knowing what to do. River I was worried about K8 or K6...and wasnt sure if I should push due to the flop action. I feel like I was trying to control the pot size...and get value...so it feels like I played it horribly.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($90.40)
Button ($113.25)
Hero ($77.25)
BB ($109.40)
UTG ($78.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, Button calls $1, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, [color=#CC3333]MP raises to $7</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($18) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $10</font>, MP calls $10.

River: ($38) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $15</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP raises to $50</font>, Hero calls $35.

Final Pot: $138
Old 11-29-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Set play?

i'd like a 3bet on the flop - make it about the new pot size.

lead the turn for 3/4 pot.

river i'd throw down a 2/3 or 3/4 blocking bet.

.edit as played you gotta call here.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd like a 3bet on the flop - make it about the new pot size.

lead the turn for 3/4 pot.

river i'd throw down a 2/3 or 3/4 blocking bet.

.edit as played you gotta call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blocking bet?!?!?!
I push the river. You are likely against AK or a flush here. Are you really worried about KK? If that happens you need to pay the man. Maybe the trip Kings gets off this hand, but the flush will never lay this down.

As it is, you got it all in anyway, so that was great.

Edit: oops I'm a retard, yeah you see a kings over 8s here..
oops (but you also see other 2 pairs) i think you call.. also, i will leave my post to own up to what a moron i am..
please note I edited this before anyone told me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 01:30 PM

That said, I like repopping it on the flop, because AK is never getting away from this at this level, and re-re-raising is a lot of fun!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:33 PM

I'd pot the flop. Re-pop the flop.

Lead for 2/3 on the turn...

the goal is to build this pot.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:47 PM

3-bet that flop, either he's dancing or not. You have a set, the only pot control you should be thinking about is how to get it all in the middle. Turn you still have to bet 2/3-3/4 pot. River push whatever you have left. If he has K8 or K6 then that's just bad luck.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:53 PM

I would be worried about that a pair of kings would fold to a reraise on the flop. So I don't think I would reraise. On the turn and river I would be betting closer to the full pot size. And if he raised on the river I would reraise the rest of my chips if I had any left.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:56 PM

Id repop the flop there. The villian RR you there, so if he has a legit hand he will call, and if he was on a bluff, he wasnt putting any more in that pot anyway. I think fire the turn, and push the river.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:20 PM

bomb flop
Old 11-29-2005, 02:34 PM

5-handed?? Try a raise preflop with 8's....

The flop? Unless you know they're super-ultra-sieve-tight, you gotta push that. Make them pay for that flush draw.

YOu know what i think? I think he thinks that he has the best hand with two pair K's or TPTK, and he's afraid YOU GUYS are drawing... HAHA. I guarantee you if you stay, you got a payday to his 2-pair or TPTK... Of course that King on the river just spells out a possibly lucky full house that beats yours if he did have 2-pair... But that was like a 5-outer and if you popped it on the flop, in the long run, that sort of play is to your advantage as you were way ahead (from my take of the situation) on the flop.

Please feel free to comment on MY comments including criticism, etc. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]