Browns 300
Browns/Colts under 200
Bills 100
Old 09-23-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Official Week #3 lines for the \"3+1 Challenge-2005\" contest

[ QUOTE ]
400 Raiders under 47

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not what I wanted to see. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Do I write off my $200 loss now, or do I hold out hope that you're a two-week wonder? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 05:33 PM

Default POTW!

All I can say is... wow! This has to be the best convoluted picking logic I've ever seen- bravo! Either you're a genius by Tuesday, or this could be the most ironic capping post in history.

If you outplay NoChance this week and lock up the top record, I award you the Week #3 winner's title.

Great post! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 05:35 PM

1.Colts $400
2.Seahawks $300
3.Jets $200
4.Rams $100
Old 09-23-2005, 06:35 PM

Default My picks

$400 - Saints +4
$300 - Bears +3
$200 - Panthers -3
$100 - Colts -13.5

Saints: They're evenly matched with the Vikings, and getting more than a field goal in this spot doesn't make much sense. That this line exists even in the face of two awful performances by the Vikings is surprising to me.

Bears: A very good defense getting a field goal at home against a team that is coming off of two great performances. The Bengals, I believe, are overvalued at this time.

Panthers: Even on the road, this line should be higher than 3. The Panthers should make a run at the Super Bowl this year, and the Dolphins are a bit overvalued apparently.

Colts: 13.5 in a pro game? Yes, and it should be more. The Colts really should roll here. The Browns are overvalued coming off of their win at Lambeau, which wasn't surprising to me. The Browns will struggle to get to double digits and the Colts will post 30+.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: POTW!

[ QUOTE ]
All I can say is... wow! This has to be the best convoluted picking logic I've ever seen- bravo! Either you're a genius by Tuesday, or this could be the most ironic capping post in history.

If you outplay NoChance this week and lock up the top record, I award you the Week #3 winner's title.

Great post! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

for the record, I am a legend in my own mind. Glad I could provide some humor to your day sir.

FishNChips
0-3-1 (-$800) and counting!
Old 09-23-2005, 06:50 PM

400 cowboys
300 Bills
200 Bengals
100 Saints
Old 09-23-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: POTW!

I like to acknowledge quality work. Besides, I have to make up for the 3+1 salary somehow..
Old 09-23-2005, 07:37 PM

$400 - Saints
$300 - Falcons
$200 - Buccaneers
$100 - Bears

Saints - I don't understand why everyone's so high on the Vikes. This isn't the same team as years past. NO is 1-1 against two great teams, Vikes are 0-2 against two that I'm not convinced are any better than mediocre. Yes, I know NO is going on 4 weeks on the road, but the dome in Minnesota will feel like home when they make up for last weeks primetime loss.

Falcons - Another line I don't get. Between Atlanta's D coming off a second half shutout against Seattle, and Losman being...Losman, I don't see Buffalo scoring more than 10...and that's if McGahee comes out of his rut. Vick is good for at least 14, Falcons win.

Buccaneers - Fading myself here. I like GB as a home dog, especially after seeing an offensive spark against Cleveland last week (too little too late). That said, I think this team is worse than anyone realizes, and when it comes down to it I'd be counting on Favre's divine touch to cover. I don't think he'll have it against the TB D.

Bears - I look for a repeat of last week. Palmer's only been down 6 minutes this season. When the Bears score off the first turnover, I'm looking for Palmer to meltdown ala Harrington. Orton plays well enough to keep them up and the Bears win.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:14 PM

Default My picks

400 Packers
300 Vikings OVER
200 Eagles
100 Patriots

Tampa Bay never wins in GB, Favre and the Pack are not going to go to 0-3. Can't believe they're a home dog.

Minn/NO - love the over. 2 dome teams, and I don't see the Vikings offense being this bad again, esp. against NO. Seems kinda low at only 44.

Raiders = overrated, Eagles had no problem with Moss in 2 games vs him last year. Their D can force Collins into mistakes. Should be a romp (some hometown bias there).

Patriots - Coming off a loss, Pats are tough. Steelers look good, albeit against two crap teams. Not crazy about this pick, it was between NE and Arizona.