Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-18-2005, 04:26 PM

Default 3/6 turn decision, fire again or take the free card?

The villian is 25/4/1.75 after 50 hands. On the turn, I'm not sure whether to check behind and take the free card, or go forward with the semi-bluff. I seem to be struggling with these decisions lately.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.17 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???
Old 12-18-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: 3/6 turn decision, fire again or take the free card?

In this situation i would take the free card..if you get check raised your probably gonna have to call due to your OESD and its unlikely your opponent will fold on this board.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:55 AM

I like taking the free card here, I would hate to be chk raised. I think you would have an easy fold on the river UI if he bets into you.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:57 AM

from his stats he seems to have some idea of the game, and against a range (even a somewhat loose range) that check calls this flop i do not see betting this turn as a good decision.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:02 AM

I actually bet this because I think there is still a viable chance that I still have the best hand. the BB has just checked call every street and may fold his 77 or less hands
Old 12-19-2005, 02:03 AM

Not necessarily an easy check behind, but I'd do it, hoping he leads the river after one of my cards comes.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 AM

Even though the Hero is in a better position, the fact that the BB checked the turn, doesn't this give the Hero a free card also? Given that he has missed both A and J and his OESD hasn't been completed, we can get a free card to the river hoping for an A, J, or K, even 8, to complete (and then safety in calling down). I know we have a range to put the villain on, but assuming he's calling down on a low pair on the board, or even a PP, we can save a bet to the river. If the villain checks the river and we don't complete, we can check again to a free showdown, thus, saving 2 BB. If villain bets, we can fold putting him on a least a pair when we have nothing. If we complete the straight, and villain checks, we bet, therefore, making him make a decision. If villain bets the river, we raise, trapping him.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:44 AM

I check here. He is not folding any hand that is beating you. He may also have a jack and if thats the case then he has only three outs to a win.