Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-20-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: a 2+2 oddity...a postflop problem

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Id move allin on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to do this, I'd like to get a few more responses before I say why I didn't. Then you can pick apart my thought process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I feel you are just making poker harder than it is by doing anything other than allin here IMO, and I highly doubt calling is more +EV.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:07 PM

I assume you aren't calling here with the thought of laying this down at any point. Perhaps you are hoping to trap original raiser if he has a weaker Q that he might be willing to lay down to a push? Somewhat dangerous, but if you push the flop and you are beat (unlikely 2pr or set) you are busted. If you make this play and you were beat the whole time you are busted all the same. If you can assume the level of play at a 215 is such that people aren't calling here with a missed AK or 2nd pair, but will lay down a weaker Q to a flop push this could work.

Am I even close?

[ QUOTE ]
I was about to post asking how log it would be before someone would say to fold preflop.

I know people hate AQ early, but if you can't play AQs in LP with 4 players already in the pot for 5% of your stack. Well ... I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is terrible. Moving allin is better than folding, however I'd call.

if you had something like 700-800 chips this would be a very very clear allin with AQs
Old 07-20-2005, 06:16 PM

Well, here goes my crazy logic...

I figure with this board to bet out that amount, he's gotta have a hand he likes, a bluff is virtually out of the question. So, what kinds of hands does he like here calling an UTG raise from EP? AQ, perhaps some sort of flush draw, or a set, MAYBE KQ, but, I think that is pushing it a bit, especially betting into that many people. I still have the original UTG raiser behind me, and another caller, both of whom checked. My plan here is to call, and see if either of them are going to check raise, if so, i have to assume I'm beat, maybe a flush draw, but, it's safe to assume I'm beat somewhere. Also, I want to see how much he bets on the turn. If he bets the pot again, I am going to figure he likes his hand and fold it, if he makes a small bet, I'm going to push it, unless the flush comes, especially since one behind me called.

This is all easier said then done, and when he bet the 500 i did fold putting him on 66. He showed his hand and it was 66.

I am wondering if I should have pushed the flop though.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:18 PM

I'd also like to mention that when I folded the turn here, I was left with 800 chips.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:24 PM

Doesn't it seem more likely he would slowplay a set on this ragged flop, and since he fast played it, its less likely he has one? What did overcaller have?
Old 07-20-2005, 06:36 PM

I don't think I would slowplay a set here with so many callers, and 2 diamonds on the flop, you gotta figure SOMEONE hit something on the flop so I think betting out to get someone to raise allin with a hand like AQ would be better, at least thats how i would probably play it.

The overcaller folded on the turn also.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:54 PM

Moving all in on the flop is definitely the best way to play this hand with those chip stacks.

Irieguy
Old 07-20-2005, 06:56 PM

When I first read it I thought flop was rainbow. I guess I understand your reasoning in that TPTK doesnt do so well against 6 people seeing a flop. But still, in these short stack games you can't lay down TPTK too much.