Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-20-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Absolute changing bonus T&C....?

Got this in an email today from absolute:

[ QUOTE ]
Simply play in either our ring games or our tournaments and the funds will be converted as you earn points for playing in raked hands and as you contribute to tournament buy in fees. For each hand that you play in (that is raked $0.50 or more) and for each $1.00 in tournament buy in fee that you pay, you will receive 1 point towards the release of your bonus money

[/ QUOTE ]

This used to be $.25 wasn't it? That means you need a $10 pot instead of $5 for points towards bonus....that kind of suck for us $1/2 players.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Absolute changing bonus T&C....?

Yes.
Yes.

It changed about 2 weeks ago.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:54 AM

Well maybe it will loosen up the games a bit now. Instead of all these TAGs playing for bonus/rakeback there, we'll get some real fishies.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:10 AM

Is absolute still worth playing if you're playing $3-6 up to $5-10, 6 handed tables? I haven't signed up yet since the games are generally pretty tight. I have been toying around with the idea though, but I seem to remember reading here that it's not as good as it used to be, or it's just not worth it anymore. Was that reason primarily because of the reason listed in this post/
Old 12-20-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is absolute still worth playing if you're playing $3-6 up to $5-10, 6 handed tables? I haven't signed up yet since the games are generally pretty tight. I have been toying around with the idea though, but I seem to remember reading here that it's not as good as it used to be, or it's just not worth it anymore. Was that reason primarily because of the reason listed in this post/

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel Absolute is not worth playing.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish more 2+2ers felt the same way.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:13 PM

I love the .10/.25 & .25/.50 NL 6 max tables at Absolute and was basically calling this home. I'm looking for someplace new now - probably try Pokerroom next.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish more 2+2ers felt the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of us do.....I didnt play at party before the split and yet Im still affected by the mass exodus of players!!!
Had that not happen AP would still be sweet to play at.

At 6-max .50/1 you could get almost 100% RB through bonuses alone. Now they suck ass....they've effectively found a way to make themselves suck even more...just as some of us were starting to give them a second chance....their wont be a third for me.

But then again I'm in an on-going battle with their affiliate department and that has probabaly biased me quite a bit about them overall.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:03 PM

Pokerroom has a worse rake structure, one of the highest out there, plus no rakeback. Absolute is a great deal compared to them.

Of course it helps to know how to play winning poker at any of these sites. Might be easier to learn to do that rather than complaining about how your sweet deal as a rock is evaporating.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom has a worse rake structure, one of the highest out there, plus no rakeback. Absolute is a great deal compared to them.

Of course it helps to know how to play winning poker at any of these sites. Might be easier to learn to do that rather than complaining about how your sweet deal as a rock is evaporating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is spiteful. You know my game sucks? My issue is the complete lack of customer support, and the fact that for 15 days now I have been unable to open the client. I have tried every workaround possible, and have not been given one peice of advice from Absolute. But go ahead and lay that 'rock living on rakeback' line on me. It makes for good reading.

I once read something comparing arguing on the internet to the special olympics. Do you need the punch line?

Regards,

Nate.