Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-09-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Vegas 5/10nl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I've heard the Palms sometimes gets some kind of capped 5/10 action but I don't really know about that for sure......

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, a drunk guy sitting next to me at this 4-8 game I play was babbling about how he lost 2600 on some kind of capped NL game at the Palms. I didnt believe him because it sounds silly.

Does anybody have experience playing online NL micro limits then playing live 1-2 NL? I was watching a game and there were several people with 500+ in front of them in a 200 max buyin game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Plams sometimes spreads a $5 $10 Blind NL buyin is $500-$1,500. This game as been going more frequently in the past couple of weeks but it is not an everyday game. Sometime they spread an uncapped $10 & $25 Blind NL game. This game has gone a few times during the past couple of weeks.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:43 PM

I remember reading about the 5/10nl at Bellagio here on this forum, but perhaps it was 10/20nl and I just remembered wrong. Something about Antonio Esfandiari sitting with 80 grand and the game being hyper aggressive. Is that the 10/20nl?

Anyways, I'm turning 21 (see loc.) at the Borg and I have two weeks in Vegas starting Xmas eve. If all goes well, I will take a shot at the 5/10nl at the end of my trip, probably buying for 500 and sitting with another 500-1000 in my pocket ready to go if the game is good and I'm comfortable with it on the table. For most of my trip, I will stick to my bread and butter 1/2 and 2/5 games.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember reading about the 5/10nl at Bellagio here on this forum, but perhaps it was 10/20nl and I just remembered wrong. Something about Antonio Esfandiari sitting with 80 grand and the game being hyper aggressive. Is that the 10/20nl?

Anyways, I'm turning 21 (see loc.) at the Borg and I have two weeks in Vegas starting Xmas eve. If all goes well, I will take a shot at the 5/10nl at the end of my trip, probably buying for 500 and sitting with another 500-1000 in my pocket ready to go if the game is good and I'm comfortable with it on the table. For most of my trip, I will stick to my bread and butter 1/2 and 2/5 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my post a while back and it was 10/20. Bellagio doesn't spread 5/10. Wynn is the only place you can play 5/10 everyday.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2-5 game at the Borg on weekends is 10x better than any 2-5 game in Vegas. Anyway, as others have said, the 5-10 game at the Wynn is very agro, but can be very good at times. For some perspective, I was playing in a 5-10 game at the Wynn before the world series in which a guy called $3,000 all-in preflop with QQ (the other guy had AA of course). In another hand, a guy lost his stack of about $4,000 with AK on an A-2-5-5-7 board (the other guy had 55)
Old 12-09-2005, 04:09 PM

I was in vegas for 3 months to play poker and stopped playing at the palms because it wasn't much action; in particular the 5-10 game
Old 12-09-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Players are much more aggro and laggy and bluff rate is a lot higher.

With that being said, don't sit with less than 2K at any 5/10NL game in vegas but you should really have ~5K in front of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is from someone who is nowhere near these stakes (yet) so i could be wrong, but wouldn't this make sitting with $500 or so and playing super tight, almost short stack strategy pretty profitable?

Plus, if you are thinking of moving up, this might be more comfortable a transition

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, you are much better off taking that $500 to a 2/5 game where you are more comfortable to begin with.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:51 PM

I dont like that raise to 10-20... kinda scary, but i guess if i nut peddle i will crush. Thanks for the info philly
Old 12-09-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a guy called $3,000 all-in preflop with QQ (the other guy had AA of course). In another hand, a guy lost his stack of about $4,000 with AK on an A-2-5-5-7 board (the other guy had 55)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Sign me up.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

With that being said, don't sit with less than 2K at any 5/10NL game in vegas but you should really have ~5K in front of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is from someone who is nowhere near these stakes (yet) so i could be wrong, but wouldn't this make sitting with $500 or so and playing super tight, almost short stack strategy pretty profitable?

Plus, if you are thinking of moving up, this might be more comfortable a transition

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, you are much better off taking that $500 to a 2/5 game where you are more comfortable to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you do not want to buy short in a big game...take it from me...you buy in for 500 in a 5/10NL game, stacks are as big as 10K, avg stack is 2.5-3K.

you pick up AA on the button, super 10K maniac in EP makes it 200 to play. 2 callers and you have 500, obviously you push but against this type of game, chances are your AA is only a slight fav...this is just a very rudementary example why it's not smart.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you do not want to buy short in a big game...take it from me...you buy in for 500 in a 5/10NL game, stacks are as big as 10K, avg stack is 2.5-3K.

you pick up AA on the button, super 10K maniac in EP makes it 200 to play. 2 callers and you have 500, obviously you push but against this type of game, chances are your AA is only a slight fav...this is just a very rudementary example why it's not smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can AA ever be a "slight favorite" in holdem?