Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-09-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Is this not the most ridiculous parenting ever???

Wait 2 years and put this kid up for sale into the "How many 5 year old can you take down" game.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played cops and robbers, but I didn't play pouring draino down a bitch's throat when she wouldn't give me my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not but I am sure you or your friends did some things eg torturing insects or fish or whatever.

As I said playing form end to end I would have issues with the odd mission most of them are ok a few are not there isnt constant bad language on it. I got my stepson the warriors game which has a lot of swearing on and i have asked him not to play it in front of her.

On the other hand I have probably screwed her up already as loves dancing along to my death metal music and spent a lot of last weekend playing headsup poker with me.

I beleive kids get their behaviour from what and how things are shown to them, she has seen me playing games for years and not acting like an idiot (She used to watch me on RTCW when I was in a clan). Its the overall package of morality that we pass on not just the few hours of fun we have in out spare time imho.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand I have probably screwed her up already as loves dancing along to my death metal music and spent a lot of last weekend playing headsup poker with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is going to screw the kid up how? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played cops and robbers, but I didn't play pouring draino down a bitch's throat when she wouldn't give me my money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Coward.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his mother is absolute trailer trash...my brother, who knocked her up 3 years ago has had problems all throughout his life...never graduated from high school, alcoholic, drugs, etc....you get the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is she "trailer trash" and seems you place 100% of the blame on her, while your brother "has had problems"? Your brother doesn't seem to be doing anything about this. Frankly he seems just as trashy as she does, and if he isn't doing anything, he's just as crappy a parent. Kick him in the ass, tell him to grow a pair and take some responsibility for his kid's well-being.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:09 PM

I'm sorry but anyone that thinks social services is going to do anything because a 3 year old is swearing and playing GTA I don't think has the idea of Social Services and what they'll do as I do. I don't think they'll do anything, or is anything they can do, unless the kid has bruises, lives in a feces infected house, or at least shows some signs of serious neglect or abuse.

I think your post is just looking for ideas on what you can do to help this little kid that's turning into something else as you watch him grow up. I don't know what you can do though. You care about the little kid alot, so tell that to the mom, tell that to your brother, maybe tell them that "Gees, he's turning into a little monster since he started playing XXX, I don't know if I'd let my kid play that." Or say to your brother, "Hey man, quit swearing so much in front of your kid, he's beginning to sound like a little sailor." Maybe try saying something in a light mannered way and it might trigger a light mannered response where then you can maybe suggest ideas for changes if they seem like they will listen without taking offense. Good luck, but tread lightly.