Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Trip Jacks vs. lots of aggression

Over almost 15K hands at $2/4, my aggression factor is only 2.05, so I'm looking for spots to increase it. Was this hand good? Should I have thrown in another raise? Should I not have bet the turn?

Villain is unknown.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Trip Jacks vs. lots of aggression

I would always three bet the turn, and often if he caps I would lead the river, unless I knew him to be passive. His most likely hands are JK, JQ, J10, not a set.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:40 PM

Looks good to me...Anymore aggression vs. an unknown would be spewing IMO
Old 11-11-2005, 12:43 PM

Looks pretty good. Another option is to check/call the turn and bet/fold the river, or bet call. However, you probabably want a showdown to see if the unknown overplayed his hand or actually had the set.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:47 PM

Checking the turn is bad because it gives villian the option of free card if he was on a megadraw like [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]87, or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T8...
Old 11-11-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking the turn is bad because it gives villian the option of free card if he was on a megadraw like [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]87, or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T8...

[/ QUOTE ]

even tho he is an unknown, he seems to be playing like he has a hand, or overplaying his crappy two pair, not on a draw. Do you really see him checking behind? I see him donking again on the turn.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even tho he is an unknown, he seems to be playing like he has a hand, or overplaying his crappy two pair, not on a draw. Do you really see him checking behind? I see him donking again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic you say overplaying his crappy two pair when hero has one pair : )
Old 11-11-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His most likely hands are JK, JQ, J10, not a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you say that? How often does J10 cap this flop? I'm not saying that I necessarily think you're wrong, but I was wondering if you had a specific reason for saying this, or just a gut feeling, or what.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:04 PM

Almost never...especially against a PF raiser from the sb
Old 11-11-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His most likely hands are JK, JQ, J10, not a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you say that? How often does J10 cap this flop? I'm not saying that I necessarily think you're wrong, but I was wondering if you had a specific reason for saying this, or just a gut feeling, or what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sets are pretty uncommon, and J6 / 96 aren't that likely. Players capping top pair I find to be much more common.