Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-23-2005, 01:52 AM

Default ($11) KQ OESD blah

Only real read was UTG who was a little crazy early, and played alot of hands.

Flop and river are my real questions, and is anyone folding PF? Everyone other than UTG had been pretty passive.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter

Hero (t1225)
CO (t2230)
Button (t695)
SB (t965)
BB (t1755)
UTG (t2450)
UTG+1 (t2825)
MP1 (t1355)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t50, CO calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t225) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, CO calls t200, BB calls t200, UTG calls t150.

Turn: (t1025) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (t1025) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t200</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls t200, CO folds.

Final Pot: t1425
Old 12-23-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: ($11) KQ OESD blah

Pre-flop: I think the limp is fine, but I will also just fold this sometimes as well. Probably not here though with the blinds only 25/50.

Flop: I think I just flat call. There are still two left to act behind you, and this pot will quickly become unmanagable.

Turn: I guess your options are check-fold, check-push, or push. But, I think with that many callers of your raise on the flop a flush draw is just to likely, so I'm check/folding here.

Flop: Blah is right in your title line, your getting 6-1 but a 975 stack is much better than a 775 stack. Tough, could call or fold, but I don't think your winning very often here.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:36 AM

I like the preflop limp but I hate the flop raise. That is an awful move and you turn your hand into 72os if the original raiser 3-bets you all in which he is likely to do if you call him "crazy". Also if you are going to re-raise him show some aggression and bet the pot, but once you re-raise you pot committ yourself. Re-raising here excercises no pot control and soon the pot is so large that you cannot bet at it without being all-in.

I like the turn check, since you are probably way ahead or marginally behind with your heart redraw (unless somebody has the Ah).

Due to your turn check you inevitably induced UTG to take a bet at the river so you are forced to call since his range is so wide due to your percieved weakness. Also you are getting 6:1 so a case could be made for calling this bet with an incredibly wide range of hands due to the pot odds alone.

Of course if you were thinking about re-raising the river, I would say that is ill-advised since I don't think very man hands that you have beat will call a river raise.

FWIW Smaller pots are easier to play.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Due to your turn check you inevitably induced UTG to take a bet at the river so you are forced to call since his range is so wide due to your percieved weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, couple things. It's not UTG betting, it's the BB. Second, he's betting into three opponents here, is he really just taking a shot at the pot because everyone showed weakness on the turn? I think BB's line looks a lot like the nut flush with a terribly small value bet on the river.