Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 07:36 AM

Default 5/10 QQ gives me heartburn

5/10 6-max
Villain A is pretty laggy. I have reraised him about 4 times in recent times, so I thought I would take a different line this time.
Villain B recently opened UTG with A9o, I called and he fired two barrels at a T843 board (I called him down with JJ). He seems laggy from his stats.

Villain B has about 800 in the BB
Villain A has 2k+ UTG
I have about 1500 UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop
Villain A opens for 35, I call, folded to villain B who makes it 115 to go, villain A calls, and I just call

Flop (345)
8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain A leads for 250, villain B folds, Whats your play ?
Old 12-09-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: 5/10 QQ gives me heartburn

the order of action seems messed up.....preflop was B (in bb), A, you....and flop it's A, B, you?......
Old 12-09-2005, 08:57 AM

I'm confused.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:53 AM

5/10 6-max
LagRaiser is pretty laggy. I have reraised him about 4 times in recent times, so I thought I would take a different line this time.
Reraiser recently opened UTG with A9o, I called and he fired two barrels at a T843 board (I called him down with JJ). He seems laggy from his stats.

Reraiser has about 800 in the BB
LagRaiser has 2k+ UTG
I have about 1500 UTG+1 with QQ

Preflop
LagRaiser opens for 35, I call, folded to Reraiser who makes it 115 to go, LagRaiser calls, and I just call

Flop (345)
8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Reraiser leads for 250, LagRaiser folds, Whats your play ?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:10 AM

I give him 99-JJ and price him in, he can't have AA if he's any good and KK would be strange but not impossible. I would make it about 750 here.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:21 AM

I think it's at least as likely that he has AA/KK as 99-JJ. Probably AA/KK more often, but I'm a fish and would call and get it in on the turn.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he can't have AA if he's any good and KK would be strange but not impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense to me - care to explain? What is wrong with re-raising AA/KK out of the blinds with a raiser and a caller, especially in 6 max. If anything, his re-raise is a bit small, IMO.

With QQ, I would have re-raised preflop, after the initial raiser. As played, I think its a muck. IMO, you are more likely to be up against AA/KK here than any other hands - I would need a read on this guy that he is 3-betting w/ 3 way action OOP with a wide range before I make the call.

It seems to me, that by calling this raise preflop in position, you are playing for set value - since you dont act first on the flop - any move you make will be all-in. You may have the best hand, but not often enough to make it +EV, methinks.

D
Old 12-09-2005, 01:08 PM

Push.....
Old 12-09-2005, 01:13 PM

You've already decided, by calling the 115, that he doesn't have AA/KK, since there's not enough there to play for set value alone. When you do that, you pretty much commit yourself to pushing a favorable flop, i.e. one that has no A or K in it.

So here's that favorable flop. Now push, and cross your fingers that your initial read was right.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:41 PM

Sorry I was confused when I wrote my original reply, as I thought villian opened for a raise then smoothcalled the re-raise from a third player and led out on the flop. As this is apparently not the case my comments are not applicable.

If it was the preflop 3-bettor that bet you have a tough spot, but only because your preflop play sucked. I really hate your failure to do anything but call before the flop because now you are in no mans land.