Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2005, 01:01 AM

Default 20/40 Bad call on third and getting what I deserved.

Thought I'd share a hand that should have hit the muck on third when I was raised, but then a loose call on my end led to disaster. Hell, I dont know though. You tell me how bad it is. Motivation for calling the raise on third was that the 3 seat had been playing EVERY hand dealt to him and was not a concern as he just held a random holding. The four seat is someone who I have never seen in this game before. The bottom line in my mind is that I should have folded third due to the fact that 1.) I have a dead nine + 2.) The fact that I think most unknown players are going to have a hand like (TT)-(AA)8 when they make it $40 here. And the fact that there arent any overacrds exposed on third higher than my nine, with the exception of the one king, makes that concern even more likely. What I really want to talk about here is simply the third srteet call and what others have to say about it.

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (6.95 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___double bets
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.48 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (9.48 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (13.48 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (15.48 BB)