Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Adderall

I've played some nasty poker on the drug. I believe I've had it twice in live games. It makes you focus a lot clearer. Last time I used it while playing at Seneca(niagara), and had a 1500 stack against another 1500 stack (2/5 NL). I have never played a specific person so much in my life. Every pot he played I played. I wanted to test myself, and test him. He made a value bet on a river with quads against a made Ace-high flush of mine and I smoothcalled. An orbit later he made a similar bet of the exact same size into a similar river. It just clicked in my head, he's trying to make me think of his quads hand. I had 99 on an AAQTx board, and I reraised him the pot, he folded and I showed the table. Soon thereafter, I had the guy tilted and through about 2 hours he dropped his $1500+ stack and was forced to rebuy for the maximum($200). It was a good day.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:26 PM

Adderall is a mixture of 4 different isomers of amphetamine. Honestly, I dont recommend anyone getting started on this medication. It is extremely strong, highly addictive, and you will become dependent, that is a guarantee. Most likely you wont be able to play poker without it. I have counseled many people who became dependent on this drug and they do say that the most boring activities become interesting, however the information they learned did not last long term. Also if you get caught w/o a prescription you will, depending on were you get caught, the authorities will have a field day with you. Ive seen it. Trust me its not worth it.
Ryan--im a pharmacist
Old 11-12-2005, 12:47 PM

Can you get it online at one of those "pharmacy's"? It's not easy to find this stuff.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:43 PM

Remember that this is a controlled substance and if you get caught asking about it or buying it you will land your ass in jail.

Anyway, if you're college aged, there are many, many kids that take it. If you ask around you will find it, but you must be discreet and I'd suggest just asking people you trust if they know of anyone. You most likely will not find it online.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember that this is a controlled substance and if you get caught asking about it or buying it you will land your ass in jail.

Anyway, if you're college aged, there are many, many kids that take it. If you ask around you will find it, but you must be discreet and I'd suggest just asking people you trust if they know of anyone. You most likely will not find it online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just go set up an appointment with a psychiatriast (probably free if you're in college), tell them you have trouble focusing and get some legally.