Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Bet the turn

Having reached 10000 hands at 5/10 i'm going over my play by posting loads of simple hands. Please bare with me.

As i'm calling one here is it better to bet it? Button a big lag, 55/25/2.1 from 150 hands while sb is loose and passive, 52/5/0.9 from over 380 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Bet the turn

NH

I dont like betting the turn because you will get raised a large amount of time and by betting the turn you dont have much of a chance to take down the pot.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:35 AM

i would continiue with semi-bluff, and bet the river as well, do you think that is not a good play against 2 loose players?
I think the lag would bet anything in this position.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:12 AM

If both called the KT4 rainbow flop, someone certainly hit a piece of it and will be seeing the river. Don't bother risking getting raised on the turn for a draw cause I don't think you'll win without hitting.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:55 PM

call me too tight or an idiot but i dont like raising preflop with the qj here. more likely than not qj will not be the best hand before the flop i like to limp intendng to call a raise here. i like the semi bluff on the flop given ur preflop raise the contination bet usually has a strong value, if they dont give up their hand here they are serious about playing and could have anywhere from a middle pair to be setting you up for a raise on the turn with a set. check the turn. call 1 bet fold to two. just my opinion anyway.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:02 PM

Why would you try to bluff two loose players? They are the ones who are going to call you down with bottom pair. In response to OP I think this hand was played fine.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call me too tight or an idiot but i dont like raising preflop with the qj here.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are too tight or an idiot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

because I disagree strongly with this
[ QUOTE ]
more likely than not qj will not be the best hand before the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

while strongly agreeing with

[ QUOTE ]
given ur preflop raise the contination bet usually has a strong value.

[/ QUOTE ]

also this:

[ QUOTE ]
call 1 bet fold to two. just my opinion anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

is not as clear cut as you are making it sound. getting 9-2 when it isn't capped is pretty close considering most of our outs are pretty clean, I would tend to call as I think implied odds will usually make this profitable, but it's a tough decision when we aren't closing the action.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:24 PM

limp reraise preflop.

bet/3bet the turn is the standard here... not sure what you were thinking. your equity is the size of my boner

the way you wimped out, at least c/r the river man, wtf? get value out of your monsters or youll be destroyed at mid limit online games
Old 11-21-2005, 07:49 PM

I play it the same way.

Sandwiched between two loose players I don't see the point of betting the turn. The likely result is that you end up charging yourself more to draw. Unless you think you can get them both to fold here (unlikely) then even folding out button is not that much of a coup as you are probably going to need to hit one of your outs to win if SB does call.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:10 PM

Lol, I've been gone a few months, but I assume this is rory?