Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-19-2005, 01:10 PM

Default AJ. Line check.

Villain is 41/5/0,3

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB.

Based on the stats, this should probably be a fold but I felt my hand was good enough to call down with.

Comments?
Old 12-19-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: AJ. Line check.

check call flop, check call turn. against this player with this board, the correct move is probably check/fold river, but bet/fold is the default.

given your (bad) flop bet, check fold turn. you're almost always drawing dead against this guy.

i check/call flop and turn, reevaluate on river.

I'd take WA/WB here.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:15 PM

AHA AGAIN
Old 12-19-2005, 01:17 PM

Im thinking, why is it wrong to bet the flop here? I want to find out where in the hand I am and he may 3-bet me preflop with worse hands like JJ and QQ here.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to find out where in the hand I am

[/ QUOTE ]
yet you call down drawing dead.

[ QUOTE ]
he may 3-bet me preflop with worse hands like JJ and QQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]
when the board is AKx, even some bad players can fold those hands, but if you check, he will almost surely bet them.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:23 PM

I think they only thing you could gain 3-betting the flop is maybe a free card on the turn, but you are out of position so this doesn't seem likely. If your read is good on this guy I don't mind calling down; for every two times you are beat you will most likley find he was raising with a2o.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against this player with this board, the correct move is probably check/fold river, but bet/fold is the default.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually thinking that against this player, with these stats and this board, check/fold turn might be correct. I don't know that someone that passive fires another bullet with QQ/JJ.

Not that I'd do that here -- I don't usually have a large enough sample to trust my stats that much. I think check/call; check/call; bet is the way to go.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im thinking, why is it wrong to bet the flop here? I want to find out where in the hand I am and he may 3-bet me preflop with worse hands like JJ and QQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

betting to 'find out where you are' is never really a good idea. So, he raises, now where do you think you are? behind? So, you find out, and then call down?

How many hands are these stats from. If a decent amount, I am check/folding this river, maybe even the turn.