Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 06:48 PM

Default PP 50 NL 6 max: TP + nut flush draw OOP facing a raise on turn

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

BB ($34.25)
Hero ($47.50)
MP ($37.10)
CO ($59.30)
Button ($31.90)
SB ($48.98)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $2, SB (poster) calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($6.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4, SB folds.

Turn: ($14.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls $25.90 (All-In), Hero ?

48.4$ in the pot, 17.9 to call. No reads.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: PP 50 NL 6 max: TP + nut flush draw OOP facing a raise on turn

I think you have to fold this, only getting slightly getting worse than 3:1 here... I think you can can only count your ten as one out or so... looks like a set or a straight, though I think a small % of the time you can see two pair here.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:29 PM

Reads? Very important to have reads in big pots [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyways, a straight would be really, really weird here. I think I just don't acknowledge it as a possibility. A set looks very probable, so does two pair (56 a5 a8 etc), or even a two way draw (very easy with this board). Mathematically, its probably not right to call here, and since you have no read, there you go - tp decent kicker isnt going to be good here often. However a slight read in either direction changes this drastically.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to fold this, only getting slightly getting worse than 3:1 here... I think you can can only count your ten as one out or so... looks like a set or a straight, though I think a small % of the time you can see two pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A straight?

That means he called those pre-flop and flop bets w/ 47 or 79. The latter would be a gutshot.

It's a close call which I would probable make because you have a reasonable chance of winning even if you don't make the flush, and even if you lose you gain some info as to how Villian plays.