Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Random Thought

I think that if I believe calling the river headsup with King high is correct, I am better off if I instead bluff raise every time that situation happens.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Random Thought

Unless the guy is playing so tricky that you would like to see his cards...
Old 08-13-2005, 05:28 AM

WTF is this? You are a such a liar. And a pussy. You are a lying pussy.

GoT
Old 08-13-2005, 05:35 AM

Given the quality of your random thoughts I think you should share more of your non-random thoughts with us!
Old 08-13-2005, 05:57 AM

hi clark,

understand, you are talking to a bunch of online brats. this is bad advice to them and they know it.

in live vegas games it is likely correct.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:58 AM

Are you saying that it is independantly correct in every situation, or that, for metagame purposes, it is better overall? I disagree with the former, but I'm open to the latter.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that it is independantly correct in every situation, or that, for metagame purposes, it is better overall? I disagree with the former, but I'm open to the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying independently correct for every situation. I do think it does help metagame, which is a nice added benefit, but not necessary for the idea to be correct.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi clark,

understand, you are talking to a bunch of online brats. this is bad advice to them and they know it.

in live vegas games it is likely correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that there is enough of a difference to make it incorrect online. But, I could be mistaken.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that if I believe calling the river headsup with King high is correct, I am better off if I instead bluff raise every time that situation happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

For calling with K high to be correct you're either doing it for value (you believe it's the best hand often enough to call based on pot odds, but not enough as to raise) or just to force a showdown for some reason. The latter case seems unlikely, I'd guess.

In the first case, a raise makes sense if you feel that the added fold equity overcomes the chance you lose the extra BB. Gut feel indicates that in a large pot (pretty much the only times you'd call with K high, no?), the added few percent of time you get them to fold their A-high could make it worthwhile.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For calling with K high to be correct you're either doing it for value (you believe it's the best hand often enough to call based on pot odds, but not enough as to raise) or just to force a showdown for some reason. The latter case seems unlikely, I'd guess.

In the first case, a raise makes sense if you feel that the added fold equity overcomes the chance you lose the extra BB. Gut feel indicates that in a large pot (pretty much the only times you'd call with K high, no?), the added few percent of time you get them to fold their A-high could make it worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. Though it's not just ace high. Sometimes they may have like 44 on a T9875 board and think they are bluffing.